CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Who would buy the 380 twin 2-stroker?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2000, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. Leech,
Until last year, if it weren't for the "Japs" my friend, sport quads would have just about ceased to exist. Obviously, you have a deep seeded hatred for the Banshee which seems to manifest itself in almost every post that you make. That is acceptable. Your post also hints at a prejudice towards the Japanese. If true, that is not so acceptable. There is no reason to criticize the Japanese. They have and will continue to weather the legal storm focused on quads. They are partially responsible for keeping OUR sport alive. You should be thankful for their efforts. If it weren't for the past efforts of those "Japs", I sincerely doubt that Bombardier would be producing quads today.

Old 10-18-2000, 07:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

AZRENEGADE,
Good call. For Leech, the quad did not exist until the DS came out.

RoostKing...

Old 10-18-2000, 10:10 PM
Trailblazer

RoostKing,
Mr. Leech, by his own admission, has ridden for over 25 years. I wonder, considering the decidedly anti-Japanese tone of his posts when discussing the "Japs" and their quads, what has he been riding all of these years?

Old 10-18-2000, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

Bombardier has a 350 cc, 4 stroke 4X4 coming out, no clues as to price, etc. Keep your eyes open.

Old 10-18-2000, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Bombardiers 370cc 2 stroke twin Formula Ski-Doo pushes about 36 HP that would not make there quade a rocket.

Old 10-19-2000, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

It USED to be Canadian owned, but it was bought out by an American corporation about a year or two back.

Unless I have been mis-informed.

Old 10-19-2000, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

You guys are reading too much into things. I don't have a deep-seated hatred for any ATV. I don't like the Banshee because of some of it's shortcomings and I in particular don't like Yamaha because of their lack of investment in ATV's, which is their biggest money maker, and Yamahas quality issues. They have been notorious for over twenty years for making second rate products that break easily and tend to work less often then any of the competitions equivalent machines.

I will still buy a Japanese product that I feel is superior in quality and price versus buying something that is American made, just for the sake that it's American made. I won't buy a Harley, because of the same reasons I don't buy a Yamaha, only Harley is worse for the lack of change until recently. I look for the best equipment and the best price, in that order. Honda still by far makes some of the best motorcycles and ATV's on the planet.

If the DS650 didn't come out, I would have bought a 400EX, built up the engine, put a longer trailing arm and wider a-arms on it and maybe some other mods. These mods would have cost well over the cost of my DS and still would probably not have been as competitive in the application that I use it in, the dunes.

In stock trim, the 400EX just didn't cut it for me.

Its taken Bombardier to wake these lazy Japs up and put some money back into the system. You guys with your new Raptors should be thanking us Bombardier owners for plunking down $7,000+ for the DS650. If Bombardier didn't come out with the DS650, you'd still be stuck with your Banshee's, Warriors, and 400EX's.

Laters,
CRT_Leech

Old 10-19-2000, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

I would think about buying it, only if it was made for the MX track.

This past year, I have finally finished building my MX 250R. Unless the Bombardier quad can beat the king on the track, it will not be in my garage.

I am not talking about a stock 250R vs the new Bombardier. I want to see a stock new Bombardier quad beat a modified 250R on the track. Call me crazy, but in 11 years there has been new technology where a new stock MX quad should be able to beat or hang with a race ready 250R.

Old 10-19-2000, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

Mr. CRTLeech,
I love most of your notes, however on the ownership of Bombardier, it is true, it is a Canadian outfit, look up their webpage and you will see the ATV market is a very tiny part of their world wide interest.
You will learn they own the Rotax engine, even the Lear Jet plus much more.
Thanks for the fine mail.

Old 10-19-2000, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

Why thanks, same for your posts. Especially the nose to nose tests. ;-)

Anywhoo, I knew that Bombardier was Canadian, but I had heard that they were bought out by an American corporation. I guess I heard wrong.

Yup, they also made the Mosquito during WWII. In fact, the Mosquito was so good, Germany tried to copy it..... Do we see a trend here!?!?! ;-)

Laters,
CRT_Leech

Quick Reply: Who would buy the 380 twin 2-stroker?