CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I got a problem, I need HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got a problem, I need HELP

Maybe you should get 2big to stand on the front tires[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Cardiac, I want a copy could be a $10000.00 winner.

Old 08-13-2005, 01:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey I see that you guys are from here in the valley, I am in Visalia. I just want to know where I can go riding that is not that far away and is worth it. Tell me your spots and maybe we will meet out there someday. Thanks talk to you guys later.

Old 08-13-2005, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Come on guys you cant be scared all your life, load your bike up and take that 30 minute trip down down the freeway. We will have them tires smoking up my garage in second gear . We will be able to tell if it is slipping in about 5 seconds. If your bike will spin the tires with me on it in 2 gear in my garage you are not slipping. I dont know if its worth your time but we ride the san juaquin river bottom and up and down the steat in our coldasak, ( something like that) Little town of Kerman is not that far from you. Hey cardiac and scatter i didnt say we were testing at nasa where osha is involved, come on guys this is shade tree 101. Scatter didnt i help you out a little with the cable situation. The wall test was next inline on yours for the throttle cable being sticky.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2005, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

Clutch Disc Resurface Procedure:

Use 320 grit paper. I prefer the new 3M Sandblaster - Comes 5 sheets 3 2/3 x 9

Tape one piece onto glass or surface that is very flat. Duct tape only one end - End furthest from you. Stand facing the long length of strip.
Slide disk across paper pressing down and drawing towards you. Do this twice.
Rotate disk and repeat above till disk is completely refinished.
Hatch lines to be 90 degrees to diameter of disk.
Turn disc over and repeat.

Purchase 60% springs from RW or HPR.

Your motor drops the most rpm's between 1st and 2nd. If you short shift, this will put a big load on the clutch.

You should resurface once a year and springs every two years.

Old 08-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

Yes you did help me tremedously with the cable problem. Im really glad we didnt have to go the next step[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I got enough trouble with OSHA.

Old 08-14-2005, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

if his clutch was s;ipping he could just roll out in first and shift it to 4th or 5th while just rolling out and flog on it .. it should be at a ;ow enough rpm to see if it is slipping...i dont know if i would have enough courage to do that garage thing..lol....CRAZY CRAZY!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2005, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

All you guys will ride wheelies down the road jump the **** out of your bikes but your afraid to do a litlle burn out in your garage. have any of you been to harley convention where they put the bikes in the burn out boxes they dont strap them down get against the front of the box lock the front brake and let her go. the garage floor is not the same as getting on it out there on your sidewalk , mine has a smooth slick surface. If the problem is only when you shift from 1 to 2 then start off in second.

Old 08-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

Well since you put it that way. I'll give it a try if I ever have slipage problems. I have already ran into the back wall of the garage once already. (not the DS and dont ask[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]) stupid automatics!

Old 08-15-2005, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: steve2432
It's not popping out of second it is just giving me that jerking feeling.
Steve,

If your getting a jerking feeling, I dont think that is clutch. But possibly shift forks. But let me ask you something, when its jerks, do you hear a SNAP SNAP SNAP? If so, you might have a problem with your rear bearings in your bearing carrier. If the rear bearings are shot, the axle will not remain straight, and actually move towards the motor under pressure from the drive chain. This effectivly loosens your chain, and the SNAP SNAP SNAP is from the chain jumping teeth. Thats a lot cheaper to fix. so you might want to check into that first. You will definately feel the quad jerk if thats the problem.

Marky

Old 08-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

But it is only in second gear, all of the other gears are fine.

Quick Reply: I got a problem, I need HELP