CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Arctic Cat 500 Manual vs Traxter XT

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2000, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go look on the home page. There was a shoot out. You will be VERY suprised at the results, I sure was.

Old 10-21-2000, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

Since no one has responded I guess that they agree FULLY with the Shoot out. If not please tell me what you don't agree with.

Old 10-22-2000, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

Why where you suprised with the result?It was a utility bike camparison they did not even have to bother racing them.I think the AC could hold it's own aginst any bike in that kind of test because thats what it is made to do.I wish they could of found a hill or mud run that at least one of them could not make over or through,but they gave it at good try by the pictures I seen.

Old 10-22-2000, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

Agree with tim, however Id look to see what company spent the most in advertising, If indeed the Traxter came in 2nd, Im impressed knowing how well the Traxter does against the Grizzly and the Sportsman in a nose to nose pushing demo, why Ive said before that both the Griz and Sportsman give you the feeling a 4 yr old on a tricycle could whoop em nose to nose.
Never hooked up at the hitch to hitch, would love to try it.
Anyway if your happy with your mount your lucky.

Old 10-22-2000, 11:36 PM
ksk
Trailblazer

Like they wrote in the shootout, the XT can handle more weight carrying ability than the AC. Also, if the AC 500 rides anything like the AC 500 auto, in my opinion, I'd take my Traxter any day of the week over the AC. I'd love to see a push / pull shootout between the XT and AC or XT against anything else out there.

ksk

Old 10-23-2000, 12:21 AM
Trailblazer

I really didn't see anything in the artical about the cat winning. The normal Traxter beat the Griz in a comparison but all the tech wrote about it then wasn't even mentioned. If it was a truely utility shootout the mentioned rack cabalitites would have meant more, plus where is the pull test? I still think the Traxter is better then the AC, go ahead and say what ya want Bomb owners. The cat owner posted the message in the Bomb section, and he thinks it won. I remember the AC being in a shootout with the Griz and the Magnum 500 and they said it wasn't even in the same class. Read it Boner, you'll like what they say about the class leading torque that suzuki motor had, it wasn't very good publicity to say the least. So yet one shootout say the normal Traxter beats the Griz while another say the AC 500 doesn't even compare to the Griz and Magnum. Go figure!

Old 10-23-2000, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

The Traxter looks like it would drag a Catepillar D11 around.

Yellow Fellow-your Traxter seems to have been very reliable. Have you ever had to use your dealer for repairs and did they do a good job? Overall, on a 1-10, what would you give it? (not comparing it to others, just on its own for power and ride and quality).

Old 10-23-2000, 03:47 AM
Trailblazer

Well out of ten I'd have to give it a nine and a halve, just because I blew one cv out when I lent it to my uncle. The problem with the front diffs that hook up after a certain nummber of spins is that when you get the one wheel down, with a big and heavy tire, and the throotle is wide open something usually gives.(ie 28 vamp) But for all the intended purpose of the quad for me it has done an awesome job. The ride is better then a Griz, my dad jumped ship from his just because of that reason. The steering is one of the easiest in the league. The looks with the 28 Outlaws and lift is just like a little Hummer, and it pulls like one. My Honda I've done everything imginable to the engine and cutting weight to help it pull the 28X12.5X12 Outlaws, but I've yet to see a bike pull such an aggressive tire so easy.

Old 10-23-2000, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

Well with all the braging (pushing a Grizzly like a tricycle, pulling 28" Outlaws with not problem, etc.) that was done on the Traxter I expected it to do better in the shootout than it did, and this was the XT, what would have been the result if the normal Traxter would have been used.

Old 10-23-2000, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think either company has advertised for this website, but I could be wrong.

I would love to do a pull/push off with a Traxter. I wish the would have done one.

Quick Reply: Arctic Cat 500 Manual vs Traxter XT