ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   CAN-AM (BRP) (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/)
-   -   Helloooo Boys! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/214235-helloooo-boys.html)

BigDaddy331 08-21-2005 02:19 AM

Helloooo Boys!

Thought I was gone didn't ya?????

Well I'm not, and I've got a bone to pick!

I love my sled, and I didn't think that I would ever want anything else. and until VERY recently you could't have pulled my BomB from my cold dead hands. Well that has changed....

Who the HE!! told Yamaha that they could build a bike with more CC's, a new Head, wider and longer track, and FUEL INJECTION????

I want to know who is responsible and I want to know now!!!!

I know, I know.... it's not BomB, and it's probably not built as well, isn't unique, BLA, BLA, BLA....

Almost a 100lbs lighter, more CC's, no carb and I'll be able to get more aftermarket stuff for it in one month than then I could ever think about on the DS.

Was really looking to start saving the pennies for a LongTravel Sand Rail........ this has become a problem.

Please, someone talk me down....... HELP!!!!

midnite 08-21-2005 02:28 AM

Helloooo Boys!

Yamaha did their homework on the raptor 700.

DuneMe 08-21-2005 02:29 AM

Helloooo Boys!

Your ride is good enough. . . keep saving for the rail.

From what I've seen, once you get the rail you won't care if your quad is an LT80 or a DS650.

The Raptor seems very cool. I still don't like the head / valve set-up but, Yamaha has done a good job on this.

What rail are you looking at?

BigDaddy331 08-21-2005 02:37 AM

Helloooo Boys!

I WILL have a sand rail in the next 18 months. I know that sounds like a long time, but the bloody things keep going UP in price. I'm looking at Extremes's Double Throw Down. I need at least 4 seats and lots of room on the front for all 6'10" of me.

I'd like to build my own, but know that the turn-keys are real easy to buy right now.

Guess it just depends on how much i can save in the short amount of time.

DuneMe, what do you like? Just got my latest edition of Sand Addiction and there must be at least 5 new shops building rails. Seems like they're all coming from your neck of the woods.

GOT TO GET ME ONE!

DuneMe 08-21-2005 03:02 AM

Helloooo Boys!

I'm leaning towards a two-seater Turbo Busa Rail.

It's just Wife, 8-yr old daughter and myself. I guess I figure most of the time we don't all go riding at the same time and if we all do want to go I can get on the quad and the Wife can drive the rail with my daughter. I'll probably end up wanting a bigger rail sometime down the road. . . . But, I like the Turbo Busa's as they seem to be pretty bullet-proof.

ANNIHILATER 08-21-2005 03:11 AM

Helloooo Boys!

What up big pimpin!! You know my thoughts. THE BEST bang for the buck in the long run is to drop a newer 1000cc streetbike motor on your ds frame. For a fella your size it makes the most sense. By the time your done building up a rappy $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ you could have fabed your own gsxr or busa motor in a SOLID ds frame with more HP to have on tap then needed. TRUST me, You coud build up a ds motor or a rappy motor and spend a GRIP. BUT if you have any issues and the motor blows your UP THE CREEK!! If your gsxr1000 150hp motor blows, Ya simply get a new one for 2k. If your 8k ds or k rappy motor blows your a very sad man. JMO!!! Or ya could get the ol busa motor in your frame. Ya know that motor like the back of your hand homebizzle. WHAT THE HE!! are ya thinkin.lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

w1ngnut 08-21-2005 03:58 AM

Helloooo Boys!

Dune me, if you are looking for a turbo busa rail check out sicksandtravel.com. These are the most bullet proof, kick a$$ busa rails on the market. Plus he isn't to far from you....

BigDaddy331 08-21-2005 12:08 PM

Helloooo Boys!

Yea, the boys over at Sick Sand are all right. If I was ever going to dump a Busa in the DS, those would be the guys that I'd look to. Mario, those are the guys I was pointing you to.

I like what they do, but the size is a problem for me. Also, I like pure speed and sick cars. I think a full size the only way to go. Now if I was the size of my Pal Mario, I'd be over at Sick picking colors right now.

Mario, can you imagine you and I cruzing Dumont, looking for pigs....... man, talk about pimpin'!!!! It'd be RoadRunner all over again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

ANNIHILATER 08-21-2005 01:45 PM

Helloooo Boys!

Oh he!! yeah, your right... LMAO.. roadrunner, we need to go there again soon, this time we will stay away from the patrone and..... I better hush up.lol.. I havnt been able to ride lately, but I SURE have been kickin it. playerific type.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Cardiac 08-21-2005 03:26 PM

Helloooo Boys!

But, I like the Turbo Busa's as they seem to be pretty bullet-proof.
Both my son and his buddy have Turbo busa rails. Believe me they are as far from bulletproof as a Drag Banshee. These are machines from major builders and are 'done right', but that much power and a chassis made to keep the weight down equals proplems. I finally told them just to figure 5 hours maintainence/repair for every hour on the sand. I love my really bulletproof DS.