CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

From $2.39 to $3.00 in one day.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From $2.39 to $3.00 in one day.

well one problem is the conservatives wont let us set up refinery's in alsaska where theres plenty of gas, i guess the world wont be the same with pengins jumping off an oil rig into the water instead of ice burgs.lol

Old 09-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BigDSRider
Originally posted by: ThrashAndCrashUntilItsTrash
The reason for diesel being less. Today the United States relaxed there policies on Air pollutant fuels. There allowing Farm use only diesel to be sold to the general public until things get back online. Farm diesel doesnt burn as clean as road use diesel.
LMAO.................Where did you get that info??????????? The ONLY difference in farm diesel and road diesel is TAXES.....farm diesel has a die in it just to say there are no road taxes payed for when buying this fuel...............................Get cought with that die in your truck you drive to work and back...........................hefty-hefty fine!

Link to the article

Look at bottom of article in the paragraph with eviorment.

I do testing for diesel for the state of Louisiana. Among other jobs.

I understand they do have high sulfur diesel fuels, and that is what your article was talking about. What I was trying to correct you on; was that "farm use" diesel is the same diesel sold at your fuel stations, only with the die added. here is a IRS article that supports the die thing:

You cannot claim a credit or refund for the tax on undyed diesel fuel or undyed kerosene used on a farm for farming purposes or for any use of dyed diesel fuel or dyed kerosene.

Note: Fuel is used on a farm for farming purposes only if used in carrying on a trade or business of farming, on a farm in the United States, and for farming purposes.

How To Buy Diesel Fuel and Kerosene Tax Free

You buy dyed diesel fuel and dyed kerosene excise tax free. You must use them only for a nontaxable use, including use on a farm for farming purposes. If you use the dyed fuel for a taxable use, you could be subject to the excise tax and a penalty. For example, if a truck used on a farm for farming purposes is also used on the highways (even though in connection with operating the farm), tax applies to the diesel fuel used (or sold for use) in operating the truck on the highways. The fuel was used off the farm for a taxable use..

Old 09-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The reason for diesel being less. Today the United States relaxed there policies on Air pollutant fuels. There allowing Farm use only diesel to be sold to the general public until things get back online. Farm diesel doesnt burn as clean as road use diesel.
LMAO.................Where did you get that info??????????? The ONLY difference in farm diesel and road diesel is TAXES.....farm diesel has a die in it just to say there are no road taxes payed for when buying this fuel...............................Get cought with that die in your truck you drive to work and back...........................hefty-hefty fine!

Link to the article

Look at bottom of article in the paragraph with eviorment.

I do testing for diesel for the state of Louisiana. Among other jobs.

I understand they do have high sulfur diesel fuels, and that is what your article was talking about. What I was trying to correct you on; was that "farm use" diesel is the same diesel sold at your fuel stations, only with the die added. here is a IRS article that supports the die thing:

You cannot claim a credit or refund for the tax on undyed diesel fuel or undyed kerosene used on a farm for farming purposes or for any use of dyed diesel fuel or dyed kerosene.

Note: Fuel is used on a farm for farming purposes only if used in carrying on a trade or business of farming, on a farm in the United States, and for farming purposes.

How To Buy Diesel Fuel and Kerosene Tax Free

You buy dyed diesel fuel and dyed kerosene excise tax free. You must use them only for a nontaxable use, including use on a farm for farming purposes. If you use the dyed fuel for a taxable use, you could be subject to the excise tax and a penalty. For example, if a truck used on a farm for farming purposes is also used on the highways (even though in connection with operating the farm), tax applies to the diesel fuel used (or sold for use) in operating the truck on the highways. The fuel was used off the farm for a taxable use..

I call a draw!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Both were right.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-01-2005, 12:53 PM
Trailblazer

here the gas is 1.45 $ can per liter six month ago it was .80$ and one year ago it was .60 $ per liter
this is sh...t

Old 09-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[quote]
[quote]
[quote]
[quote]

I call a draw!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Both were right.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
agreed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL

Old 09-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

OK, here's a question. At what point will the gas prices be so high that it will lead to civil unrest?? People who have to stop spending on other things, including food, just so they can buy gas (if it's available), will not put up with it for long. When people stop spending on other things, the economy continues to suffer and jobs will be lost.

Old 09-01-2005, 01:22 PM
sam
Pro Rider

It really sucks that it takes a tragedy to wake up America. As said B4 we need to build more refineries, yes hybrids are the future but this should of been done sooner 80s/ 90s now we gotta play catch up. the tree hugers have screwed this country for too long. Theres been no compromise and now we are in the position were in now. We need to wright our congressmen and tell them to stop being chicken $hits and stand up to these group's or we will get some one who will. Get this ball rolling now!

whew..
Had to get that off my chest

sen. email list

Old 09-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

The oil companies have finally dialed in the rule of supply and demand tol benefit them, and not the consumer!

Old 09-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: LowRecoil
OK, here's a question. At what point will the gas prices be so high that it will lead to civil unrest?? People who have to stop spending on other things, including food, just so they can buy gas (if it's available), will not put up with it for long. When people stop spending on other things, the economy continues to suffer and jobs will be lost.
Here in wisconsin gas went from 2.57 to 3.09 that is very high, I'm have to spent one thrid of my check on gas.
this is crazy, pretty sooon I will be pushing my ds, Instead of riding it.

Old 09-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Range Rover

Let me add some fuel to the fire. In Atlanta they found a gas station taking advantage of the public, they were charging over $5.00 per gallon. To me any one caught doing this should be prosecuted for price gouging. People who take advantage of their fellow man in the time of need should feel the long arm of the law. Just think of how people like this feed off the hardships of others. Just as you will see a rush of people heading to the costal states to help those in need, beware, you will also see the carpetbagers, price gougers, and scum of the world who sees the pain and loss of others as dollar signs. Disasters bring out the very best and the worst in people. I am just glad that the good people outweigh the bad.

Quick Reply: From $2.39 to $3.00 in one day.