CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

From $2.39 to $3.00 in one day.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From $2.39 to $3.00 in one day.

I think we are lucky here in America. I saw a German person on the news today and she said that we have low gas prices. It's $8.00 in Germany i think she said. She said we should be grateful.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:49 PM
Trailblazer

Today in San Jose , Ca. I had to fill my Dodge Pickup . Deisel was 3.39 per gallon. It cost 106.00 to fill up. Allthough it was a company gas card thats stilla lot of money.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

well one problem is the conservatives wont let us set up refinery's in alsaska where theres plenty of gas, i guess the world wont be the same with pengins jumping off an oil rig into the water instead of ice burgs.lol
>>>>>>>>>

Conservatives??? I THINK you meant liberals?

Old 09-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

Gas prices will drive inflation into double digits within the next year, it will have a multiplying effect on everything. The bottom will fall out of the SUV market, car companies will be stuck with large inventories of large vehicles. The Japanese of course will be WAY ahead of Detroit, their cars already burn cleaner and are more fuel efficient across the board, look for one of the big three auto makers possibly face bankruptcy within the next two years.

Expect the prices of all goods and services to increase probably starting within the next month. Oil companies and gas station owners are price gouging no doubt, they are getting $3 a gallon for gas they bought when they were still charging 2.29.

The housing market? Well depending on where you live, if you live in a heavy commuter community I'd expect home prices to go flat or even decrease in value as the housing market has been insane the past year.

Unemployment? Expect to see unemployment numbers slowly increase, labor is one of the only controlable expenses employers have any direct control over.

Interest rates? HHHHMMMM, interesting one here. Typically Greenspan has manipulated the money supply to control inflation and has done a remarkable job, we haven't seen double digits since the very early 80's. What concerns me is that between skyrocketing housing prices and fuel prices nearly doubling in the past two years or so, what has to give? We are in for a rocky road the next 12-18 months.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

OK, TODAY, IN A SINGLE DAY, GAS PRICES HERE ROSE FROM $2.99 TO $3.49. If that isn't price gouging I dont know what is. I noticed no one is buying snacks or other items in the c-stores. No longer can little luxuries be afforded. If you're one of the people making within 5 or 6 dollars of minimum wage ($5.15), I dont see how you can continue to afford gas with other basic necessities. Your gas bill has more than tripled in the last few weeks. If we have a severe winter, heating costs will force people under since more are on the edge now.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CaRider67
Gas prices will drive inflation into double digits within the next year, it will have a multiplying effect on everything. The bottom will fall out of the SUV market, car companies will be stuck with large inventories of large vehicles. The Japanese of course will be WAY ahead of Detroit, their cars already burn cleaner and are more fuel efficient across the board, look for one of the big three auto makers possibly face bankruptcy within the next two years.

Expect the prices of all goods and services to increase probably starting within the next month. Oil companies and gas station owners are price gouging no doubt, they are getting $3 a gallon for gas they bought when they were still charging 2.29.

The housing market? Well depending on where you live, if you live in a heavy commuter community I'd expect home prices to go flat or even decrease in value as the housing market has been insane the past year.

Unemployment? Expect to see unemployment numbers slowly increase, labor is one of the only controlable expenses employers have any direct control over.

Interest rates? HHHHMMMM, interesting one here. Typically Greenspan has manipulated the money supply to control inflation and has done a remarkable job, we haven't seen double digits since the very early 80's. What concerns me is that between skyrocketing housing prices and fuel prices nearly doubling in the past two years or so, what has to give? We are in for a rocky road the next 12-18 months.
I sure hope your talking about What could happen and not WHAT Will happen.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

I sure hope your talking about What could happen and not WHAT Will happen.>>>>>>>>

Just an opinion. I could be all wrong.

Old 09-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

Plain and simple ... G R E E D...... F these people. I drive 120 miles a day minimum back and forth to work. They stick it to us and like suckers we just keep taking it. I cant tell you just how pissed off this makes me .... If I had the chance to choke down one of these greedy bastards with my bare hands it would be one of the last things I would do.

How can these companys RAISE the price while making RECORD profits in the last few years? I have come to the conclusion that there IS NO JUSTICE.

Why the hell cant these companys kick down 50 mill to help out the victims in the wake of that hurricane, Hell for that matter take the "bonus" that one of the oil company CEOs get every year and kick down that! How much money does one person need??????????????????????????????????? FN GREED..

Nothing but hate for these greedy companys coming out of my camp... and Im proud to say it.

The misery those people have to go through right now is in LA is un imaginable...absolute horror.

Im out.........

Old 09-01-2005, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

It hit 3.49 today...F*ing ridiculous... I cant complain all that much cuz I have a 4 banger, but its tuned and runs on premium (3.69 a gallon...!)

This is the reason my buddy and I (yfz owner) are trying to make our quads street legal... Everything is a go, except the solid rear axle, I think we are going to mount a bearing inside one of the wheels so only one tire has power (one-tire-fire, but its still driving my quad instead of a car!)

I seriously hope they do somthing about these prices, this is ridiculous. I agree...my local station didnt get new fuel till TONIGHT...all that fuel they ahd in there, they paid whatever they pay from when it was 2.39...HUGE profit right there.

Old 09-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

I think its more than 2k fine here to run offroad. What is the difference in price between offroad and standard?

I know a buddy of mine and myseld are seriously considering making bio-diesel!

Quick Reply: From $2.39 to $3.00 in one day.