CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

From $2.39 to $3.00 in one day.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From $2.39 to $3.00 in one day.

Country joe you are a better person than me. I wont even let my inlaws live with me. Just remember what comes around goes around and what your taking on is above and beyond the call. As you and your family have opened up your hearts and house to complete strangers you will be rewarded in the long run when the time comes. My hat is off to you. you will be missed

Old 09-03-2005, 04:18 AM
Range Rover

Hmmm.............

How bad do we really have it?? Another perspective.....

People are driving 1 1/2 - 2 hrs to the Baton Rouge area just to buy gas. Gas supply at the station typically lasts just a matter of hours. If you see a line at the gas station, you pull in and wait 20-30 minutes, because you don't know if or where it will be available again.

Phone calls cannot be taken for granted anymore either. Land lines are clogged. To get one call through, you sometimes must redial four to five times (or more). My family tried calling yesterday all afternoon before getting through. Cell phones are even worse.

Grocery stores are another story. Basic necessities are not necessarily on the shelf. Again, people are driving from afar to our stores. Simple things we take for granted...lunch meat, bread, ice, bottle water, soda, personal hygiene items, are not always there.

We live in the outlying Baton Rouge area and just got our power on late this evening. Been out since early Monday. Others in the area are still without and will be for several more days.

I could go on and on, but you get the picture. I don't agree with the gas prices either, however, I consider ourselves lucky to still be here....the devasation from Katrina so close to home...puts things in another perspective entirely. Count your blessings folks.....

God Bless

Old 09-03-2005, 04:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MaxandBlade
Hmmm.............

How bad do we really have it?? Another perspective.....

People are driving 1 1/2 - 2 hrs to the Baton Rouge area just to buy gas. Gas supply at the station typically lasts just a matter of hours. If you see a line at the gas station, you pull in and wait 20-30 minutes, because you don't know if or where it will be available again.

Phone calls cannot be taken for granted anymore either. Land lines are clogged. To get one call through, you sometimes must redial four to five times (or more). My family tried calling yesterday all afternoon before getting through. Cell phones are even worse.

Grocery stores are another story. Basic necessities are not necessarily on the shelf. Again, people are driving from afar to our stores. Simple things we take for granted...lunch meat, bread, ice, bottle water, soda, personal hygiene items, are not always there.

We live in the outlying Baton Rouge area and just got our power on late this evening. Been out since early Monday. Others in the area are still without and will be for several more days.

I could go on and on, but you get the picture. I don't agree with the gas prices either, however, I consider ourselves lucky to still be here....the devasation from Katrina so close to home...puts things in another perspective entirely. Count your blessings folks.....

God Bless

AMEN!!!!!!!!! It is cool to hear from someone that is actually there.........I am so sick of the one sided News I am hearing! Keep us posted if you will??

Old 09-04-2005, 08:15 AM
Range Rover

Within a week, the city and surrounding area of Baton Rouge, with a population of approx. 500,000, has nearly doubled.

The support from the communities is incredible. People have opened up their homes to complete strangers. Shelters have been set up everywhere. The Riverfront Complex in downtown is now the home to over 5000 evacuees.

It's amazing how good people step up in a time of need. There are so many incredible positive stories that will hopefully be reported soon.