CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS finally let me down

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS finally let me down

I Went to Haspin Saturday. I rode about 40 minutes when my red light came on. Let it sit 5 minutes then rode back to the truck. Everything there was OK. Checked my fan with a jumper wire & had nothing. Loaded up & drive the 2.5 hours home. What a big disapointment. My friends DS had the red light come on when he was riding a few minutes later the hose blew off & burnt his leg bad. I really wanted to ride but called it a day.
Anyway where is the latest & greatest place to buy a new fan? Off- road warehouse still?

Thanks

Old 09-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

hose blew off a couple dayz ago and sprayed antifreeze all over me
I had to wait a hour for more antifreeze

Old 09-25-2005, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

Waited an hour after it pissed all over you? LOL, **** on me I'd have pissed back on it... and as a bonus it solves your need for coolant.....j/k

Old 09-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, if it looks like radiator fluid...
I am having trouble, too. I first added Engine Ice. Nothing. I then checked for circulation. Yes, circulation. Next is to clean the fins to new condition. Maybe shrouds and in line coolers wil help.

Old 09-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Pro Rider

Steve 10 , mine did the same thing, tried the engine ice- no luck. I ended up changing the thermostat and this corrected the situation. Boy that coolant is hot on bare legs.

Old 09-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

I have had similar issues but I think mine are related to air in the system.
In addition to the shrowds and in line cooler....I am looking at the Hi flow H2O kit from On Dunes.
I figure that + some if the Purple Ice and I should be about as cool as you can get next to a 300 dollar replacement radiator.

I can let you know how it goes if I ever get the water pump !

Should stay nice and cool no mater how hard I run it.

WOW radiator line blew off ? or did it spring a leak ?
Looks like I may need some stainless reinforced braded line next ![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about your guys antifreeze problem. THAT SUCKS! Hey o1ds where are you located in nw ohio? I am also in nw ohio actually Celina, Ohio and I am about 2 hrs from haspin. I saw 3 yellow ds650's there on saturday "labor day weekend" was one of these you? I was on one of my hondas "custom 250x/350x silver+black". Next time will be with the 03 baja + 03 pred. Anyways maybe we could hook up sometime. I ride with a few other guys but would like more ridding budds. Let me know where your at and if ya wanna hook up sometime and chat. Have a good one guys and hope ya heal up quik. RUSS

Old 09-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

Celina huh? Van Wert here! Not that I'm excited about Van Wert....

No it wasn't me on Labor day. We did have two yellow DS's there though....

I hope you have more places in Celina to ride than I do in VW !

Old 09-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

No good places around here either. Well thats cool that you live in Van Wert, thats only a 20 min drive from here. If your interested in hookin up and having a new friend I'm game. Do you have your ds fixed yet and are you planning a trip anytime soon? Have you been to the badlands? That is a super place to ride if you like sand dunes 900 acres and no buggie's allowed, and trucks have there own place. Only thing bad about it is the hours 9:00am-6:00pm, but very worth the drive and they do have a campground right next to it, and it is right at the edge of town. Would ya mind if I pm'ed ya to exchange phone numbers. By the way I'm not a young kid, just a older kid "33" LOL Well it would be cool to hook up sometime. Later, RUSS

Old 09-28-2005, 06:58 AM
Pro Rider

OK, by me.

I didn't figure you had any good places. NW Ohio blows. Hey at least Celina's judge isn't a cocaine addict!

BTW I'm 31. But I've been told I act 10

Quick Reply: DS finally let me down