CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Outlander 800 Battery Strap...falling off!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlander 800 Battery Strap...falling off!!!

Learn from my luck......

Had a small issue with my 800 on the weekend with my battery strap falling off. Luckily for me, it happened when I stopped at the top of a hill to have a smoke. When I turned around to look at the view I noticed a battery strap on the ground...then I looked back at the quad to see that it was my battery strap [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

No broken parts or anything, just fell off. Put it back on but noticed that it wasn't that tight...it worked for the rest of the day. Back at home I took out the battery and found that there are 2 mounting points for the clip at the back of the battery. Mine was mounted to the top clip and you can't get the rubber strap past the top clip to use the 2nd clip [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

The Solution:
You will have to bend the top clip inwards (towards back of the machine) so that the rubber strap will slide down far enough past the 1st clip so you can hook it on the 2nd clip. It's much tighter now...I think this fix should work fine.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures when I had it apart but hopefully my good luck will help someone else.

Have fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

I (unfortunately) own a Quest 650 XT. I rode the thing after purchasing it a short while, only to discover after a couple rides there was no fastener for the battery. It fell off. Subsequent bumps and jarring pounded the battery tray into a bent mangled piece of metal. I pounded it out straight again, and now zip ties hold the battery down. Works a whole lot better.

Its a Bombardier man, unless its a DS650, its junk. I've had nothing but trouble with mine. I really hate to say that. Because I paid a lot of money for mine when I bought it. I've rode Yamas Hondas never a B. This is my first one, and my last. Just this weekend, I had 2 drownouts in PUDDLES. My cousin was riding a yamaha that was one of the first 4 wheelers. No suspension, spray painted OD with bald tires on teh front. He paid 300 dollars for it and had a whole lot more fun than I did.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

That strap and mounting plate is really about the only thing I have noticed so far that I really didn't like. My strap has not fallen off yet but I did notice the battery was setting on the tray kinda crooked after my first ride on mine Saturday. That mounting plate is really thin too. I herd penland changed his out allready on his race quad. I think he just made up a steel bracket. If he does like he did with the prairie parts he made he will likely start selling them soon. I hope anyway.