CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Looks like a scam. What do you think.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks like a scam. What do you think.

OT, but ever since you said you listed your bike on ebay I've been looking for it, but have yet to find it????? Got a link?

Edit: Nevermind, just found it!!!

Old 09-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

No Scoundrel, bad advice. Reread his post and look at the grammar. I'm tellin' ya and I've said it before when this question arose awhile back. If you check Google for DS scams this very offer is listed many, many times. And I can tell you from my travels around the world with the Marine Corps, if someone puts his hand on your shoulder and calls you friend, or "my friend", usually an Indian or Pakastani, what they really are saying is welcome sucker I'm here to take all of your money, but I'll treat you nicely while I do it. If you smell Sandlewood incense, RUN.

Chosen, that is what I thought also before I did some research. When I was looking to buy my second DS, and decided to go the eBay route, after I had bid on a couple that I was interested in, the offers started pouring in from around the globe. UK, Nigeria, Greece, Haiti, you name it. Eveybody had a DS to sell and wanted Western Union funds to complete the transaction. This scam works both ways, and the way they manipulate the system usually the money can be transferred before the banks can catch it.

These Bastards are pros, too bad they can't get the English part down. Just be careful out there.

Not trying to offend anyone on here, just looking out for my Brothers.

Old 09-28-2005, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

The "Red Flag" for me is he calls it a "Tractor" if you are selling your DS, that is kind of fishy![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Range Rover

looks like someone is messing with your auction........? They put in like six bids within a matter of minutes!

Old 09-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: aceisback
No Scoundrel, bad advice. Reread his post and look at the grammar.
Let me see he said "I'll pay by Western union,Money gram,Pay Pal, Bank to Bank transfer,Money order"......ALL of these methods of payment are guaranteed. However using a Escrow service is better then cash! Why! do you ask? because you get the money even before you ship the item. How can you go wrong if you have a clear deposit in you account?

I'm not saying nobody is out to scam you. Nor am I saying everyone is. All I'm saying is just because someone is willing to pay more then share market value does not mean they are out to scam someone. Many people who are willing to pay more then share market value pay it because they may be in a geographical location that the item you are selling is very scarce......Hence they are willing to pay more for it.

Oh, and you want to talk about grammar? read most of the threads on this site and you would be appalled at the grammar used....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BajaBomber
looks like someone is messing with your auction........? They put in like six bids within a matter of minutes!
Looks like someone is messing with my auction. This person bids 8 times and retracts 2 of them. What do you think?

Old 09-28-2005, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

I think he may be trying to figure out what you reserve is. Either way, look at his feedback, i would be wary. Maybe try emailing him to verify his intentions...

-Josh

Old 09-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JMAC650
Originally posted by: BajaBomber
Looks like someone is messing with my auction. This person bids 8 times and retracts 2 of them. What do you think?
You can report retracted bids to E-bay. Like Josh said it looks like he was be trying to figure out what you reserve is and that kind of activity is against E-bay rules.....Tell them whats happening.!

Old 09-28-2005, 08:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When in doubt, play it safe. I wouldn't sell this guy MY tractor. LOL.