CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I GOT SPANKED!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Hi Freez, first off. If you had taken the time to read my first few post you would have seen the RPM's I have been talking about.
Second, don't believe much of what you read on F-1 technology, by the time it is printed it's usually 5-10 years out dated.
ie, good F-1 engines of today are so close to 1000HP it's not funny.
The Mclarren F-1 is a pump gas street car, a very fast one but still, the engine is designed to be streetable (much more mild mannered and durable then a full race motor and run on pump gas, and look 110% VE
Our engine Dyno connects directly to the crank shaft, just remove the clutch and the hub bolts to the tappered shaft.
Ray

Old 10-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default I GOT SPANKED!

first of all thanks to the bomb riders for putting up with us kawie riders posting on your sight, you are good guys and friends, FREEZ is tellin us about theory and what should happen on a work bench, which I no nothing about and cannot dispute him, I will leave that to the professional, what I can tell you is a friend of Ken's and myself has a YFZ 450, piped, filtered aluminum intake and high compression piston and the timing retarded one tooth on the cam sprocket, I believe these bikes with just a pipe dyno for arguments sake around 45 HP at the rear wheels, now if ken's 730cc kfx 700 can pull up to the line and beat him up the hill every time by 3 bike lengths, logic to me suggests this,a kfx weighs in at 530 pounds, 170 pounds more than the YFZ, if 1 HP is equall to 7 pounds, seems to me the KFX 700 has to have at least another 20 hp at the rear wheels, which in my opinion can very easily equate to 87 HP at the crank calculating in power loss through the CVT clutch and the shaft drive.
The KFX 700 comes stock with 32 mm vacuum carbs, we are now using 36mm and 37mm vacuum carbs from a honda CBR 900, I can't tell you what the numbers are but with your helmet on you can here the air being sucked through these carbs even at speed. We will all be at Dumont for halloween, so FREEZ come on down and see for your self. These bikes still will not have enough for Mario I don't think, but Any body can by a Rapter and make it run because there are two dozen companies out there supporting them, now take a BOMB or a KFX 700 where there are only a few companies and the 700 only has two, one in the US and in Canada, now that is saying something. These bikes will never be drag bikes, not this year anyway, but when the turbo's are finished there's going to be trouble.
SinCityDuner

Old 10-06-2005, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

freez, i think we all know about your wonderful use of a calculator, you think yours would be worn out by now, well all know about your VE stuff by now, and i think MRHP said it best when he said "who said I was done?", progress comes with time freez, so why don't you get off their back, go out riding and just enjoy life

Old 10-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Originally posted by: lilnotts
freez, i think we all know about your wonderful use of a calculator, you think yours would be worn out by now, well all know about your VE stuff by now, and i think MRHP said it best when he said "who said I was done?", progress comes with time freez, so why don't you get off their back, go out riding and just enjoy life
Faster calculator than bike LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2005, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Originally posted by: sandbomber
Originally posted by: lilnotts
Faster calculator than bike LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
well, lets compare the VE of that caculator to your 800. oops..sorry, I had VE tunel vision for minute there.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Freez, I for one appreciate your input. It's sad others cant take constructive criticism. I remember the post with MRHP, one of the best post I have read to date. But as was said, technology will advance, things that have not happened will happen. Oh and by the way, my 800 produces about 150ish hp at 7900rpm!.......................................... .................................................. .......But its a two stroke,lol! Now are you kawi guys the ones that came to Sand Mt Ut this year? There were some fast v- forces there. The one chromed out orange one ate my 70hp nitrous beathing, stock motor pumping ds's lunch, easily! Can I have a rematch?lol

Old 10-07-2005, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
Freez, I for one appreciate your input. It's sad others cant take constructive criticism. I remember the post with MRHP, one of the best post I have read to date. But as was said, technology will advance, things that have not happened will happen. Oh and by the way, my 800 produces about 150ish hp at 7900rpm!.......................................... .................................................. .......But its a two stroke,lol! Now are you kawi guys the ones that came to Sand Mt Ut this year? There were some fast v- forces there. The one chromed out orange one ate my 70hp nitrous beathing, stock motor pumping ds's lunch, easily! Can I have a rematch?lol
That would have been Bill (MHP) from Park City, UT. One hell of a guy!! One very fast V with another 20 hp in for this year, not in juice. Another one of Fundy's handywork, a great running machine. Later

Old 10-07-2005, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Guess I'm going to have to get the V going... you guys are really starting to **** ME OFF! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2005, 04:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Dynoguy, I read your earlier post and you never specified RPM.

Well, you "corrected" the RPM claims, and now my math aggress with your dyno figures. So, why you still fighting?

I would love for you to post these dyno runs, that way, no one will get confused or make assumptions.

Then you compared your 800cc to a raptor. I wonder why, people always compare and worry about raptors? If they are as slow as people say they are, why worry about them? PS, the 730cc raptors are not the most powerful around.

Speak to Tim barker, Kenz and a few others to see what they have done. Tim, for example is making 70 to 75 rear wheel HP with a stock bore and stroke 660cc raptor motor and only running 11:1 compression. That will put Tim's bike at the crank around 90HP, maybe more, with a little 660cc single cylinder motor. Not bad work either.

Anyway, my math now matches your claims, so taking this any further is pointless, since we argue about something we agree on.

Well, good luck and hope to see your KFX running 4 stroke wars soon.

Old 10-07-2005, 04:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

O, last question.

I remember something on another KFX forum or magazine or something like that, a short while back. Basically it is between a Canadian guy and Micky Dunlop (spelling might be wrong) and one of them making 100HP claims on a KFX700 and the other one calling them a liar? Also remember something about one of these guys wanting the other to use an independent dyno to prove or disprove these 100HP claims. Apparently both parties are really good at working on the KFX700, and they don’t seem to agree on the output of these motors.

I wonder, let me go dig and find out a bit more about this and who is who in the story?

Quick Reply: I GOT SPANKED!