ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   CAN-AM (BRP) (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/)
-   -   Purple Power! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/218555-purple-power.html)

BigJon 10-04-2005 01:39 PM

Purple Power!

All hail purple power cleaner!

I used to use simple green but it just wasnt taking off the clay from around here.

The clay from Praire City leaves a redish residue that bakes on and stays no matter how you scrub and wash.

Heard about purple power cleaner from Kragen and tried it and man does it work well.

Took off the clay everywhere, even baked on the pipe.

My old bike looks clean and shiny now!

dabomb03 10-04-2005 01:58 PM

Purple Power!

what kind of store did you get it from? I'm almost out of simple green so i'll have to try it out.

BigJon 10-04-2005 02:00 PM

Purple Power!

I got it from Kragen auto parts store. I think they sell it a Wallmart too.

BajaX04 10-04-2005 02:18 PM

Purple Power!

Carefull, that purple cleaner makes all your raw aluminum parts fade to almost a white. So anyting you have polished....it ends up ugly and will need to be re-polished. Its great stuff, but not aluminum friendly if you like the shiny look be very careful with it or just use simple green.

donal 10-04-2005 03:19 PM

Purple Power!

It is also called Super Clean. I have seen it at Fred Meyer, True Value, and Napa. Be sure not to get ANY on your pollished or billit aluminum parts or you will be SORRY[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It has a mild corrosive agent in it . Thats why it cleans so well.

ThrashAndCrash 10-04-2005 03:31 PM

Purple Power!

Originally posted by: donal
It is also called Super Clean. I have seen it at Fred Meyer, True Value, and Napa. Be sure not to get ANY on your pollished or billit aluminum parts or you will be SORRY[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It has a mild corrosive agent in it . Thats why it cleans so well.
I agree............. BUT the "mild corrosive" part LOL........get that crap in your eyes, it feels like ACID!!!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

donal 10-04-2005 03:46 PM

Purple Power!

Originally posted by: ThrashAndCrashUntilItsTrash

Originally posted by: donal
I agree............. BUT the "mild corrosive" part LOL........get that crap in your eyes, it feels like ACID!!!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Thats how it dulls the aluminum. I guess I should of said Mild Acidic.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

CountryJoeGlass 10-04-2005 04:28 PM

Purple Power!

Yes it will. I now have to polish out my new baja bumper & radiator shrouds [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It does a great job cleaning though. O'well live & learn. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

dabomb03 10-04-2005 04:39 PM

Purple Power!

is chrome ok?

mywifesquad 10-04-2005 04:58 PM

Purple Power!

I use and like it too. It will eat your hands up if your not careful though. Wear gloves or do like i do and rinse your hands often, around every 5 minutes or so.