CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Got my TM45 yesterday, questions.......UPDATED WITH DYNO RUN

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my TM45 yesterday, questions.......

I have added some pictures of the install to my bio. What did you guys do with your choke cables? The bracket that is included LOOKS like is ment to go somewhere, but where? I really did not find a great spot for it. It apears that they want you to drill a hole in the frame gusset, I don't think I want to do that. Just curious to see what you did with yours.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

That is what I did. Drilled a little hole and mounted it to the frame gusset. Looks like it was made for that spot. Don't think it is going to hurt anything at all by mounting it there and it is the cleanest looking spot.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

JMAC,
That is basicly where I put it, I just Zip tied it instead of drilling any holes. We will see if it stays. That is exactly what I thought, the bracket is cut just perfect for that spot.

Old 10-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

clshortt: in hightowers gallery, he writes about ron woods carb. "Ron Wood Racing fits the front of the carb with an aluminum collar to extend the neck length to fit the space of the DS650 stock carb perfectly and allow a more secure mount with better flow since the collar butts right up against the intake manifold and no gap between the two exists." did your carb come wit this???

Old 10-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, sure did! Works like a charm!

Old 10-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Far beit for me to disagree with hightower, but this may be one of those rare occasions! LOL My feeling is that the pumper is NOT sensitive to altitude. There may be some rare occasion that it might, but I have not seen it yet. The #50 is the the best pump jet available. If they had a #45, it would be better. It will be easier to tune with a #50 rather than a larger one. JMHO
Oh no Marky, you aint disagreeing at all man, I agree with you. I made mention that I run from sea level to 10K' with no changes in pumper settings or performance issues. but the biger pumper nozzles can cause a bit of an issue if your needle or pilot is right for a higher altitude.

Old 10-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hightower
Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Far beit for me to disagree with hightower, but this may be one of those rare occasions! LOL My feeling is that the pumper is NOT sensitive to altitude. There may be some rare occasion that it might, but I have not seen it yet. The #50 is the the best pump jet available. If they had a #45, it would be better. It will be easier to tune with a #50 rather than a larger one. JMHO
Oh no Marky, you aint disagreeing at all man, I agree with you. I made mention that I run from sea level to 10K' with no changes in pumper settings or performance issues. but the biger pumper nozzles can cause a bit of an issue if your needle or pilot is right for a higher altitude.
Okey Dokie! Thanks for clearing it up!

Old 10-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JMAC650
I would listen to Hightower. He helped me set up my TM45 and is spot on. Runs like a raped ape.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Got my pump parts from RWR today. They sent eveything. The tuning guide is NICE! Tons of information in there. Those guys are great, can't say it enough.

Old 10-16-2005, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

Quad going on Dyno tomorrow. I will post the results tomorrow evening.

Quick Reply: Got my TM45 yesterday, questions.......UPDATED WITH DYNO RUN