CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Outlander 800 vs Brute Force 750

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlander 800 vs Brute Force 750

Well not all is bad after the comparison of the 800 Outlander vs the Sportsman 800 in DirtWheels...in the new ATV Action, they compared the Outlander 800 against the Brute Force 750....

end result, this is a quote on the question "What is our final answer"....its says "Oh, come on! The Bombardier Outlander 800 crushes the Kawasaki Brute Force 750. The premium-priced Outlander has more power, better suspension, surer handling, and it's even more comfortable".

I was thinking about buying one, just don't have the $ right now....

Old 11-08-2005, 08:59 AM
sam
Pro Rider

I need to get that mag.

Well W/ the 05 left overs I bought a Brute $2500 less than a outty, put that 2500 back in the brute you will have a bigger monster. but thats all in preference. the outty is nice, 50cc bigger but the brute is no slouch either I love it a ton. Im sure if I rode the outty I would love that. but I was price motivated so the brute won. I have herd of a 850 brute in Kaws future whooohaaa!! But you didn't hear it from me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Sam

Old 11-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

I really like my new brute 750, I looked at the outty and didnt like the looks. Dont need any more power than a brute it wants to pull my arms out of socket. As far as ride the brute is allmost as smooth as my 05 sportsman 500 that i traded in. None of the other quads ride as smooth as polaris sportsman, thats just the way it is.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

Took brute back to dealer cause there was a discrepancy on paper work and i would not sign them after putting 24 miles on the brute. And got my sportsman back ,now im going to put better boots on it. Maybe the outty s looks will grow on me like the 650 x.

Old 11-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

I agree guys that the BF 750 has an awesome motor, but the suspension is so bad that I wouldn't keep it stock. I like the size and feel of the BF...and you're right, the standard price is $1000 less and if you buy a leftover 2005, you can save much more....I know I read somewhere that Fox makes a complete set of shocks for it and thats what it needs....my friend had a BF and I hated driving it, it felt like you were going to tip over in the corners when trying to slide it....but it was fun as heck wheelie that sucker...

I think the outlander 800 is a great machine also, next year they'll take out the quirks and make it even better...the power is what i like, but not really needed for a utitility machine...but I look forward to any changes that they make as I probably won't get a new machine until the 2007's come out....will be interesting to see what everyone has....I'm not loyal to any brand, I think each manufacturer makes some great machines, so it comes down to functionality for me...

Old 11-08-2005, 11:42 PM
sam
Pro Rider

If your bud still has his have him do this........

Mine felt tippy in the corners too. I switched the rear tires turned them around and the other side so there at the same direction but much wider. MUCH more stable, can do dounuts all day long[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Later
Sam

Old 11-09-2005, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

thats an idea...but he sold it and got a Sportsman 800...I was trying to talk him in to keeping it and swapping the shocks, that thing was a rocket straight ahead...

Old 11-09-2005, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider

Been on them both. Love the Outty but I love the brute too. My dad's brute is a freeking animal! He changed out the stock tires and went with ITP ATP's all around on C-series rims. When we were out riding with a friend that just got the Outty 800, we raced. He got me in the drags, no doubt about it. But then we raced on a desert road for about 3 miles and I was turned around and coming back and was a good 1/4 mile ahead of him. He could NOT keep up with me around the corners. I would pich it sideways in a fuul powerslide around them and slingshot out on the two back wheels. It was as fun as anything I have ever done. This was the second time I was on this machine and the guy I was racing is no slouch of a rider either. The problem IS NOT the shocks near as much as it is the total POS tires on the Brute.

Old 11-09-2005, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DemonDS
Been on them both. Love the Outty but I love the brute too. My dad's brute is a freeking animal! He changed out the stock tires and went with ITP ATP's all around on C-series rims. When we were out riding with a friend that just got the Outty 800, we raced. He got me in the drags, no doubt about it. But then we raced on a desert road for about 3 miles and I was turned around and coming back and was a good 1/4 mile ahead of him. He could NOT keep up with me around the corners. I would pich it sideways in a fuul powerslide around them and slingshot out on the two back wheels. It was as fun as anything I have ever done. This was the second time I was on this machine and the guy I was racing is no slouch of a rider either. The problem IS NOT the shocks near as much as it is the total POS tires on the Brute.
I still think there is alot of problems with the shocks on the BF as he tried different tires also....on the old dirt roads here he couldn't come close to me on my 700 EFI as I just slid around every corner and powered out, then he'd catch up again on straights, but it felt unstable there also....

Oh well, I wait to see for 2007 what everyone does and then maybe get a new machine...

Old 11-09-2005, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

Not bashing your quad by any means, but I would race any 800 or 700 Poo in the same conditions.

Quick Reply: Outlander 800 vs Brute Force 750