CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$

[quote]
Originally posted by: thebigshow
Originally posted by: shmee
didnt HPR use the PAMI cylinder to make the 730? i heard that from a few people now. nothing wrong with that but just wondering.

yes they did, there was about a 7 page discussion over if it was ethically right or wrong to use it a while back(got pretty heated) but in the end , i think the only thing that wasnt changed on that cylinder was the name on the side of it...

thebigshow I disagree that the only thing that changed on the cylinder was the name. The pami cast cylinder requires the cases be machined for the cylinder to fit along with the head be machined to fit the piston. The HPR 730 cast cylinder is a bolt on kit & requires NO case or head machining. Also you can order the HPR cast cylinder with a long skirt (requires machining cases) that accepts a 108mm piston & 8mm stroker crank for 840cc which is bigger than pami offered. Now HPR has bumped it up to a 10mm stroker which brings it up to 855cc. Plus they made a cast cylinder kit that is more affordable because going bigger or faster isn't cheap. In no way I'm I trying to put down pami in any way, I've been on this forum long enough to know their history & it's a good product. HPR just has been great for me with their customer service & products.

Old 02-17-2006, 04:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

There's always a lot of talk about Pami requires head machining, but never any mention of why. Pami makes their pistons rounded on top around the edges, without the 3 flat spots you see on all other high comp pistons. Since the piston crown is rounded instead of having all the flats and corners the head must also be made to accomidate. All of the high comp pistons made to match stock heads are made the only way they can be made to fit the head, but Pami decided to make some pistons the more prefered and ideal way and then just make the head match that more ideal shape. This machining costs money of course, and whether or not having your piston and cylinder head squish made as a perfectly matched union is worth the money is yet another thing to ponder, and its pretty much open to be beaten to death in conversation now that its brought up, but Pami has always taken things a little further than anybody else. They could make them to not require any machining at all, they just don't want to. And for those that do not want to pay for it, there's HPR. Its worth it to some, and not to others, since worth is defined so differently from one person to the next. Just like a 730 kit is worth it to some and not to others. Its good to have all the choices I agree, a little something for everybody out there.

Here's a picture for your viewing pleasure.
Pami piston and head

Old 02-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: CountryJoeGlass
Originally posted by: thebigshow
Originally posted by: shmee
didnt HPR use the PAMI cylinder to make the 730? i heard that from a few people now. nothing wrong with that but just wondering.

yes they did, there was about a 7 page discussion over if it was ethically right or wrong to use it a while back(got pretty heated) but in the end , i think the only thing that wasnt changed on that cylinder was the name on the side of it...

thebigshow I disagree that the only thing that changed on the cylinder was the name. The pami cast cylinder requires the cases be machined for the cylinder to fit along with the head be machined to fit the piston. The HPR 730 cast cylinder is a bolt on kit & requires NO case or head machining. Also you can order the HPR cast cylinder with a long skirt (requires machining cases) that accepts a 108mm piston & 8mm stroker crank for 840cc which is bigger than pami offered. Now HPR has bumped it up to a 10mm stroker which brings it up to 855cc. Plus they made a cast cylinder kit that is more affordable because going bigger or faster isn't cheap. In no way I'm I trying to put down pami in any way, I've been on this forum long enough to know their history & it's a good product. HPR just has been great for me with their customer service & products.

hey joe, u dont disagree....reread my post brother......." the only thing that WASNT change was the name on the side" ... lol.....i was impying that there wasnt anything left in there that was pami's exept the name on the side.

Old 02-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

Rocky I guess I had one to many beers when I read that last night. I took it that you were implying that the only thing that changed was the name. My bad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

2big, your quite welcome my friend. Im definitely the kind of guy who likes to keep it real. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But the question still remains, Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$? I have yet to see a dyno sheet of one of these full race 730's. Can one of you 730 owners please post one.....because I will be posting another dyno sheet soon....need to see where I stand in the crowd. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

at 6ft 3 in and 300 lbs everyone know where i stand in the crowd. esr has a dyno since no one else wants to i will call them and see what they got going on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] im gonna spray nitrous and just say it was all motor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

alright choose i will make a deal with you ,#s on paper dont mean a thing to me becouse i cant read or write anyway so heres what im offering up. you bring that little spider bike out here we will weigh both of them and try to get the bike / rider combo as close to the same weight as possible. now im talking motor against my motor the first pass, then the second pass will be spray, pray, or whatever is on the bikes, and at that point if you have one both passes i will say its not worth the money infront of all the forums. if i win both races you go before all the forums and promote hpr and you put one of there stickers on your spider bike for 6 months. if its a tye , then the ? will come down to the persons reciepts what it took to get you where your at and how much it took me to get where im at, im about 7000g on each of my coyotee chasers. and as lazy as i am i will have your bike custom detailed and polished by someone else, you thought i was gonna say i would do it. this is the way we can settle it once and for all. dont show up out here with a turbo on the spider, becouse we know each other enough to know what each other is running. do we have a deal or what? im not skeered of any other bike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] the ball is in your court[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

I would love to be there for that. If we need a weight equalizer, I will offer my 285lb a$$ as a pilot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

Is the 730 worth the money?
I look at it like this some folks want and can afford the kit, and some folks can afford it and just dont think its worth spending the amount for it, and some folks are thinking its just too way out on pricing for the returns.
All and All Speed cost money!
How fast do you wanna go?
Just my 2 cents

Mitch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

me personally........i dont like the idea of spending 1800$ just for a big bore kit....but if i desided to get a big bore and was willing to spend some money...i would deffently go with a HRP or pami. u just have to deside what your willing to spend for 8 h.p.

Quick Reply: Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$