CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
alright choose i will make a deal with you ,#s on paper dont mean a thing to me becouse i cant read or write anyway so heres what im offering up. you bring that little spider bike out here we will weigh both of them and try to get the bike / rider combo as close to the same weight as possible. now im talking motor against my motor the first pass, then the second pass will be spray, pray, or whatever is on the bikes, and at that point if you have one both passes i will say its not worth the money infront of all the forums. if i win both races you go before all the forums and promote hpr and you put one of there stickers on your spider bike for 6 months. if its a tye , then the ? will come down to the persons reciepts what it took to get you where your at and how much it took me to get where im at, im about 7000g on each of my coyotee chasers. and as lazy as i am i will have your bike custom detailed and polished by someone else, you thought i was gonna say i would do it. this is the way we can settle it once and for all. dont show up out here with a turbo on the spider, becouse we know each other enough to know what each other is running. do we have a deal or what? im not skeered of any other bike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] the ball is in your court[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Here would be a good one for dyno drags, take the weight factor out see what they do motor to motor, and shifting ability.

Old 02-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
2big, your quite welcome my friend. Im definitely the kind of guy who likes to keep it real. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But the question still remains, Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$? I have yet to see a dyno sheet of one of these full race 730's. Can one of you 730 owners please post one.....because I will be posting another dyno sheet soon....need to see where I stand in the crowd. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
This question has been beat to death. Every time it gets answered, it pops back up. The 730 kit will suffice as a good race motor but IMHO it is a play toy that is relatively affordable. I liked my 730 for duning. It made so much power so early in the rev range. It was a wonderful upgrade for guys who want more grunt that is bolt on without machining. The peak hp may only be 10 or 11 including the bump in compression but the average hp increase from bottom to top is the real advantage.

Choose, you are a racer. That bike of yours hauls but it isn't set up for a weekend of play. Don't buy a 730 kit for strictly racing. Buy a stroker. It will rev quicker, you aren't limited to 13.5:1 compression. I guarentee you that a 715 w/ 15:1 comp stroker will outrun a 730 big bore at 13:1 at the races all other things being equal. It may post almost identical peak numbers but they way it makes power, especially topend is more appropriate for race applications. The reason you don't do a stroker for duning is the cost. The crank itself (8mm) is over $1500 plus all the labor involved in splitting the case. It might cost twice as much as a 730 big bore when you are done.

If you want to approach 80 hp before NOS, the 730 is actually a pretty affordable way to get there. I think if 80 hp is the goal, it is the cheapest way next to NOS but that has tradeoffs to. Thanks to average hp a 70 hp 730 will outrun a 70 hp 650 by a lot. I bet with equal weight machines a 70 hp 730 will outrun a 75 hp stockbore and stroke motor.

ERBE, you forgot one other group and that is the ones who would rather save a few bucks than build a fast motor. By and large you get what you pay for.

Stroker is the fastest by far.

Ron

Old 02-17-2006, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

DSnut wrote: ERBE, you forgot one other group and that is the ones who would rather save a few bucks than build a fast motor. By and large you get what you pay for.

There is being thrifty and being cost effective, again its only a toy and if you can build up to a 70hp machine or a dune sheadding monster that is reliable and fun to ride without being Donald Trump, then I dont whats wrong with that.
(ERBE) Smiles and waves back at DSnut[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

hey arachnid are you afraid of sporting that hpr sticker on the bike? well im here now doing a west coast call out there is no phobia of spiders out here. i cant wait to place that sticker on your pretty little bike of yours. im still waiting[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
hey arachnid are you afraid of sporting that hpr sticker on the bike? well im here now doing a west coast call out there is no phobia of spiders out here. i cant wait to place that sticker on your pretty little bike of yours. im still waiting[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I'll let you decide how well your gonna beat this spider after the clash.....we are expecting an HPR 800, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, then I'll let you know if the 800 is worth the money......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

i did not know rwr made an 800 oops[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] is that there stage 3 or is that the glamis one

Old 02-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

Old 02-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ERBEDS650
DSnut wrote: ERBE, you forgot one other group and that is the ones who would rather save a few bucks than build a fast motor. By and large you get what you pay for.

There is being thrifty and being cost effective, again its only a toy and if you can build up to a 70hp machine or a dune sheadding monster that is reliable and fun to ride without being Donald Trump, then I dont whats wrong with that.
(ERBE) Smiles and waves back at DSnut[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
ERBIE -- I am not sure why you are waving at me. I wasen't referring to you, just agreeing with you and adding to your list. We were both referring to "most people". There is nothing wrong with that, I am simply saying that in most things you get what you pay for. Btw, it takes way more than a big bore to get 70 hp out of DS. It isn't as easy as putting on a big bore and calling it a day. It is easy to make 55 hp with a big bore but 70 takes some real knowledge and/or money.

Nothing personal.

DSNUT waves at ERBIE from the top of the hill.....

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I am glad you took an interest in me ERBIE. thebigshow and AZsand have been playing with other guys lately so I have been bored. This is more like it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2006, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
2big, your quite welcome my friend. Im definitely the kind of guy who likes to keep it real. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But the question still remains, Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$? I have yet to see a dyno sheet of one of these full race 730's. Can one of you 730 owners please post one.....because I will be posting another dyno sheet soon....need to see where I stand in the crowd. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Here is a dyno sheet a forum member posted of a HPR730 with single carb Dyno Sheets I would like to see what it would pull with dual lectron carbs.

Old 02-18-2006, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

Quick Reply: Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$