CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$

Oh no, don't tell me the bolt-on bike may be "bolt-in" now, LOL.
I hope it runs well, we're all out here to have fun, go with whatever works for the individual and line up, it's all good !

Old 02-18-2006, 03:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: XR650Warrior
Oh no, don't tell me the bolt-on bike may be "bolt-in" now, LOL.
I hope it runs well, we're all out here to have fun, go with whatever works for the individual and line up, it's all good !
XR650, I want to see that bike of your run one of these days!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2006, 03:26 AM
Pro Rider

You can see it at the Clash, come on out.
I have nothing fancy, a 435 lb. stock framed duner/racer.
It's respectible for what it is, and that's about it, I just have fun with a totally home- built bike+motor and am not afraid to line up with the competition, we're all out to have fun !

Old 02-18-2006, 07:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CountryJoeGlass
Originally posted by: choosetolose04
2big, your quite welcome my friend. Im definitely the kind of guy who likes to keep it real. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But the question still remains, Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$? I have yet to see a dyno sheet of one of these full race 730's. Can one of you 730 owners please post one.....because I will be posting another dyno sheet soon....need to see where I stand in the crowd. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Here is a dyno sheet a forum member posted of a HPR730 with single carb Dyno Sheets I would like to see what it would pull with dual lectron carbs.
I see that but thats not a "full race" 730. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Im talking about a beast.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2006, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I read that right, Choose was saying there will be someone elses Hpr 800 there. After the races he will let you know if its worth it or not.

Old 02-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
If I read that right, Choose was saying there will be someone elses Hpr 800 there. After the races he will let you know if its worth it or not.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the help with the HPR 730 kit desision. The upgrade is un questionable to me at this point.
Its just a matter of cost. Since I am refinancing my house to do it what the HELL .... GO BIG right !
I figure its going to cost like 2 grand for the kit and labor to get it up and running correctly....ouch....hell its only money right?
Sounds like a great summer time project for me.

Also I am just curious which is the best way to go as far as Head work is concerned on the 730 kit ?
The Mr. horsepower Race head or the ODP Stage III race head ? are they not both the same ? they are both way expensive ? but which one yealds the best all around results... Not just peak drag racing 3's I like to drag race every now and then but its not my purpose for going out to the desert....going as fast as I can in the big bowls is my purpose at the dunes.
I am now climbing up into the 4 grand level for this upgrad ... Up up and away.....but man it will screem right ?

Plese anyone with a 730 let me know as summer is on its way... and I truely only want to do this once !
Thank....

Old 02-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ILivSD
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the help with the HPR 730 kit desision. The upgrade is un questionable to me at this point.
Its just a matter of cost. Since I am refinancing my house to do it what the HELL .... GO BIG right !
I figure its going to cost like 2 grand for the kit and labor to get it up and running correctly....ouch....hell its only money right?
Sounds like a great summer time project for me.

Also I am just curious which is the best way to go as far as Head work is concerned on the 730 kit ?
The Mr. horsepower Race head or the ODP Stage III race head ? are they not both the same ? they are both way expensive ? but which one yealds the best all around results... Not just peak drag racing 3's I like to drag race every now and then but its not my purpose for going out to the desert....going as fast as I can in the big bowls is my purpose at the dunes.
I am now climbing up into the 4 grand level for this upgrad ... Up up and away.....but man it will screem right ?

Plese anyone with a 730 let me know as summer is on its way... and I truely only want to do this once !
Thank....
What do you already have done? What carb? What cams?

Old 02-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

HPR head all the way!!!!!!!!! It is the cats meowwwww!! A few boys will be very happy when there heads get back soon

Old 02-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Trailblazer

it,s Me

Quick Reply: Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$