CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Who to have Port Your head???

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who to have Port Your head???

Originally posted by: yjacket2001<br.... Racers use those materials frequently, but is there a head filler > 100k miles permanent? :- (

well, I don't know of any DS650's with a 100k miles yet, but I've never seen a problem with the special "potion" used to fill in.

Old 02-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Randall,

You freaked me out there for a second! LOL
sorry, I was just trying find a way to post, I hit the quote button...oops!

Old 02-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AllRedBomber
Heyyyyy 222, i'm not allowed to answer any more questions? Lol !!! Just kidding....
LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I'll ask my 16 year old daughter a question to help her understand something, and my wife will answer. ...... I have to ask her not to answer me either!!!
You've given some great answers and explanations! Just be careful......I don't want to give too much away.......but, on the other hand, after reading all that- it probably scares people to death- they won't touch their head with a piece of scotch brite now!

Old 02-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
Dragon's assumption is fair. And probably was the case years ago (with the DS especially).
oh yes, I agree..... I'm still learning that the old ways of doing things need to meet the challenge of "why did we do it that way?" The old ways were often the best way, but only because of what we had to work with.
It's like "there was a deer in the road, I swerved left because there was a big ditch on the right- well that worked out perfect- I didn't hit the deer". Then, we get it in our head that "if there's a deer in the road, swerve left- it works great". Until next time you swerve left and there's a 18 wheeler waiting for you in the left lane! (or BigDaddy on his DS650). Take the ditch on the right!!!

I guess I'm doomed to be 3 pages back again. Past Time for supper (that's dinner fo most yall folk)

Old 02-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

222 luvthebomb is who you are thinking about and yes he has his dyno results posted to show the results.

Old 02-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good readings gents. Keep them coming.

Old 02-03-2006, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 222
Question:
cylinder porter (A) offers porting for 2 cases of beer
cylinder porter (B) offers only one porting for 1 bottle of Crown Select
cylinder porter (C) offers porting for 2 cases of beer, but you can get upgraded porting to 1 bottle of Crown Select
Cylinder porter (D) offers porting for 2 cases of beer, upgraded porting for 1 bottle of Crown Select, and the his best porting for a Barrel of Crown Select.

Now, our budget can't afford the Barrel of Crown, so we are going to spend 1 bottle of Crown. Where will you get your best value for the 1 Bottle of Crown?

I shouldn't have said "can't afford", because we will spend that much or more next week buying a new car or that new pool. I should say can't justify spending that much (which is OK, I'm not sure I would spend that much on my wife's trail bike).

There seems to be a mindset of "since I can't afford the Barrel of crown, I'm not going with that porter at all, because I don't want his second best. I'll go with the guy who only offers porting for a bottle of Crown, because that is his best".

Howcome Mr D's second best, and Mr C's best are the same bottle of crown [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2006, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

222, wow you went on a typing marathon today. More reading and thinking for me. I still have to figure out what allred said. This is all a whole new language.

Old 02-04-2006, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

Brenton, keep at it pal. It'll come for sure. If you are serious about wanting to understand port design, air velocity and head physics I've got a couple of book titles that you can go to your library and check out. It's all relatively new stuff so the principals are pretty much tip top. Kind of hard reading unless you have a head in front of you or have optical recall, but good reading never the less.

I think I just proved how much of a nerd I am. Not sure if I would rather be a nerd or a jock. I can tell you that my body is in pain every day from the jock days. Maybe a nerd isn't so bad. I would think that it would have caused less injuries.

Old 02-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: flyinds
222 luvthebomb is who you are thinking about and yes he has his dyno results posted to show the results.
good, go look at luvthebomb dyno graphs.

Man, I didn't get to read on here this week- I had to go back to page 5.

DragonDJ111- Mr C and Mr D- that is the question I wanted you to answer!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

OK, Allred, you can talk a little again!

Quick Reply: Who to have Port Your head???