CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Who to have Port Your head???

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who to have Port Your head???

Originally posted by: 222
Originally posted by: flyinds
222 luvthebomb is who you are thinking about and yes he has his dyno results posted to show the results.
good, go look at luvthebomb dyno graphs.

Man, I didn't get to read on here this week- I had to go back to page 5.

DragonDJ111- Mr C and Mr D- that is the question I wanted you to answer!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

OK, Allred, you can talk a little again!

The question that still lies there, and would be an endless debate, and an emotional one for some is simple. The real question is not how much you are spending, but what you are getting for each of those bottles of crown. If with Mr. C, I lose a whole lot of reliability and only gain say 5 horses....But Mr D, I keep more reliability, and gain say 10 horses Then the value is obvious. Or you could even switch those reliability and horse power numbers the other way, and the value is still obvious. The hard part is knowing exactly what those number truely are across the board. Answering that question is truely difficult for someone like me who is not really motor smart. Some may chboose to never have it done, as to save the risk. Others will make lucky choices, and other will not be so lucky. Myself, I want to make an informed choice, and remove the luck portion of the choice. Thus, I am learning all I can [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

222, Allred, Big D your input has been great on the subject.

Old 02-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Old 02-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

you guys need search for the thread 'new hpr race head dyno results" and type in luvthebomb in the author. then you should i can not figure out how too create a link.

Old 02-12-2006, 01:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
Brenton, keep at it pal. It'll come for sure. If you are serious about wanting to understand port design, air velocity and head physics I've got a couple of book titles that you can go to your library and check out. It's all relatively new stuff so the principals are pretty much tip top. Kind of hard reading unless you have a head in front of you or have optical recall, but good reading never the less.

I think I just proved how much of a nerd I am. Not sure if I would rather be a nerd or a jock. I can tell you that my body is in pain every day from the jock days. Maybe a nerd isn't so bad. I would think that it would have caused less injuries.
Naw, BigD...... You would still have the injuries from getting beat up by the jocks all the time. You did fine! LOL

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ron

Old 02-12-2006, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
Brenton, keep at it pal. It'll come for sure. If you are serious about wanting to understand port design, air velocity and head physics I've got a couple of book titles that you can go to your library and check out. It's all relatively new stuff so the principals are pretty much tip top. Kind of hard reading unless you have a head in front of you or have optical recall, but good reading never the less.

I think I just proved how much of a nerd I am. Not sure if I would rather be a nerd or a jock. I can tell you that my body is in pain every day from the jock days. Maybe a nerd isn't so bad. I would think that it would have caused less injuries.
Naw, BigD...... You would still have the injuries from getting beat up by the jocks all the time. You did fine! LOL

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ron
Haha I missed the nerd thing before. I would hate to meet the idiot who thinks they are big enough to call Big D a nerd lol. Anyway, Big D if you find a minute could you pm me those titles??

Old 02-12-2006, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: flyinds
you guys need search for the thread 'new hpr race head dyno results" and type in luvthebomb in the author. then you should i can not figure out how too create a link.
Try this:

dyno results

Old 02-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Pro Rider

Old 02-14-2006, 03:25 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: DragonDJ11
[quote]
Originally posted by: 222
Originally posted by: flyinds The hard part is knowing exactly what those number truely are across the board. Answering that question is truely difficult for someone like me who is not really motor smart.
And that is very important to you and many others on this subject, just like getting the best computer is important to me, but I only have some basic knowledge. I'm looking at computer company C and D's comparable stuff, but then I look at D's best stuff and it is way more high tech, powerful, and expensive. I can't afford (correction- "justify") D's best, so should I get D's comparable computer to C's best?? ....Something about 64 bit and 32 bit......I'm sure I'll understand the importance of it someday.....

Can I assume that since C doesn't even have the technology to make one as good as D's best, then D's 2nd best is still really good?

And that example is why so many graphs aren't on the website- HP still has the laptop and wants $2000 to fix it!!! So, at only 1.5 years old, it's time to buy another computer- it's kinda like when your motor blows up- they said "hey, that's computers!"
But, I've got a buddy "A" who will build me a computer in his garage for 2 cases of beer! He just can't guarantee me it will work properly with all my other computer components I already have (printer, router, modem, wireless, dyno computer, etc....)

Good night

Old 02-14-2006, 07:04 AM
Pro Rider

Old 02-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

222, nice sales pitch.

Quick Reply: Who to have Port Your head???