CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Clash showdown!!! TheBOM vs HPR vs Finishline vs Craycraft vs Silverbullet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clash showdown!!! TheBOM vs HPR vs Finishline vs Craycraft vs Silverbullet?

He!!, with 100hp plus and less than 400lbs. bike. I would consider you one of the big boys.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clash showdown!!! TheBOM vs HPR vs Finishline vs Craycraft vs Silverbullet?

Ya, 20-30% is what I had always figured. We only have a wheel dyno, and use it for tuning and guaging increases. All my machines have the same bolt pattern even the Bomb 800 so we have been using the exact same car tires on the dyno for all of them. That at least gives me a true measurment between our machines. The car tires are so heavy that we are making a guess that there is about another 5-10% drop in the numbers vs. what we actualy have with sand tires that are less than half the weight. We had the peaks up to 80 HP at the rear wheels yesterday. Thats 30hp over what it does on motor. Shotgun is 100% correct about the #'s being all jacked up on a wheel dyno when running belt/shaft drive setups like ours. The dyno is really only good for tunning on machines like ours. If you change your clutch you change your dyno numbers because it then runns out differnt, the weight and type of tires also makes a big differnce. With bighorns on motor it was only making about 40hp at the wheels because the tires were slipping so much on the dyno it was making horable nubers, thats why we ordered a set of those 14" rims and put some 25" OD car tires on it. Had we used 22" smaller tires it would have made the pull way to short and the clutch would have not been setup right to keep the rpm right with the speed it showes. Those are some of the mane problems with wheel dyno's with belt drives. It is our best guess that if we had a crank dyno that it would be hitting around 100-110hp on the bottle right now provided we have the bottle pressure up to 800psi.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SHOTGUN
I was going to run the 4-snows, but might have to go to the Brats.

Here a vid of the 4-snows working at the Maine State AM Drags.

That vid was the old 850 on all motor,

Maine Drags
I think that was a camo brute 750 in that second vid, what was he running? It looked like he put up at least a little more of a fight than the first one. That first one looked like it was a stock BF750 with a cargo box on it.

Old 02-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

yep, it was the modded ute class, but I think they were just 750's with cammed, piped, jetted, cdi. Not much done to them,

That's why we gave them a head start....lol

Old 02-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

Its always funny when a we are playing at the dunes beating all kinds of sporties and a brute from the side line thinks hay thats just a praire, I got a brute I can do that too, you can guess it has about the same rusult as you had on that first vid. They normaly only try once and then come talk to us when we take a break to find out what the he!! we did to those things. Whats even better in some ways is the Bomb is stock except for the pipe and it beats allot sport quads with out any problem. Those are some cool vid's. We don't have any vid's just a few pic's in my gallery of the peaks beating some sport quads. Pic's 9,10,and 17 are all I have right now and they are pre nos races.

Old 02-23-2006, 02:15 PM
CED
Pro Rider

It will be nice to see some more automatic's out here.I hope to meet all you guy's.

Old 02-23-2006, 02:18 PM
CED
Pro Rider

Oh yeah,i am hoping to have a big ole pot of Jambalaya cooked up for the out of towners.Look for me saturday.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2006, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CED
Oh yeah,i am hoping to have a big ole pot of Jambalaya cooked up for the out of towners.Look for me saturday.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Out of towner checking in for the jambalaya ! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2006, 03:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Do I qualify as an out of towner???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2006, 03:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CED
Hey, Hey, Hey....what about a local...I eat jambalaya too....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Clash showdown!!! TheBOM vs HPR vs Finishline vs Craycraft vs Silverbullet?