CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Clash showdown!!! TheBOM vs HPR vs Finishline vs Craycraft vs Silverbullet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clash showdown!!! TheBOM vs HPR vs Finishline vs Craycraft vs Silverbullet?

Originally posted by: kawiking
cc1999 do you run stock tires on those quads or do you run a paddle tire? true fastfatboy gets a good launch on dirt, he grabs about a bike lenght on me off the start . we havent raced on the sand in a while when we both were running good, i think there's going to be alot of testing and tuning in the next 2 weeks.

how many people are still waiting on parts??? i know a couple!!

I am running skat-tracks on the rear of both the Outy and the Peaks. I finaly found some front paddles, there GBC molded paddles and weigh about 4 pounds more than the light weight stock dunlops but I think I have the Touque to turn them to an advantage. I hope to have them by the end of the week to test them out at the dunes this weekend, weather permitting.

choosetolose04, In the stock chassis class, you say 4 sec range to be in the hunt. I have never clocked either of my machines so I do not know what they will do in 300 feet. Help me out here on the rules for the stock chassis. I was under the empression stock chassis ment no extended swingarms, no wheelie bars, no chassis modds of any kind, just all the engine modds you can hang onto including Nos. If any of what I mentioned is false please fill me in on the details. My Peaks seldom ever looses to quads with stock swing arms when its on the bottle. Again I have no idea what kind of times it runs 300' passes in. Thats just why I thought I might try my quad in the stock chassis class as well as the utility class. The only thing even close to me are the later model 450 honda's and Yamaha's with lots of modds and even some 520 kit bb motors. I however have never raced a 450 bored to 520 on Nos though. I have just beat them on motor.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Clash showdown!!! TheBOM vs HPR vs Finishline vs Craycraft vs Silverbullet?

Im gonna define the classes in the Clash of the Titans thread just so that it will be officially posted. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Stock chassis, Is no cutting or welding of the main frame its self. Swingarms, a-arms, sub frames can all be modified. This is the way I understand it.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BigDSRider
Stock chassis, Is no cutting or welding of the main frame its self. Swingarms, a-arms, sub frames can all be modified. This is the way I understand it.
If thats the case what is a moddified chassis. To me a chassis is everthing but the Motor and plastic/body parts. That puts alcohol drag banshee's running custom 4 foot swing arms in the stock chassis class. Thats not for me, I was thinking Raptors and 450r's DS650s on there original chassis.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

If your running in the OEM chassis class then you will be running against bikes with extended swingarms. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Now understand that this is for the official classes only. There will be more grudge racing going on down here than you can shake a stick at. I think that is what separates this place from the rest is simple because of the fact that you can play all you want, race who you want and have a good time without waiting in line for hours trying to make a pass on your bike like you have to at any other track. We are gonna hold the official races on Saturday March 11th and immediately after that the track will be opened back up for more grudge racing. Its gonna be a blast to say the least. We have folks coming in on Thursday who will ride and race all the way till Sunday. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Whether you have a 4x4 or a full blown drag banshee, there will be enough competition there for everybody. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

A modified chassis, is when you do something like choose did. He cut the front end off his bike and made it light weight. We have several of these creations running wild at the Clash. Finishline, Choose, and Dax all are part of that group.

I know its tuff to put a 10 mil banshee vs. a stock bore and stroke shee. But the clash was set up to be a run what you brung type of race. If we started breaking it down into small classes it would end up being way too many classes to make people happy. Then we would be running all day.

The classes are only broke down into 4 catagories if you look at it. Utility is one class.

Drag chassis, oem frame, and stroke are the only other deciding factors.

With the classes being setup this way, it allows for a quick official race. Then we can get back to racing everyone.

The race format is done for only one reason. Find whos the fastest.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BigDSRider
A modified chassis, is when you do something like choose did. He cut the front end off his bike and made it light weight. We have several of these creations running wild at the Clash. Finishline, Choose, and Dax all are part of that group.

I know its tuff to put a 10 mil banshee vs. a stock bore and stroke shee. But the clash was set up to be a run what you brung type of race. If we started breaking it down into small classes it would end up being way too many classes to make people happy. Then we would be running all day.

The classes are only broke down into 4 catagories if you look at it. Utility is one class.

Drag chassis, oem frame, and stroke are the only other deciding factors.

With the classes being setup this way, it allows for a quick official race. Then we can get back to racing everyone.

The race format is done for only one reason. Find whos the fastest.

Thanks Mike, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

Thats cool, Sorry it seems we have this conversation going on 2 different threads. Disreguard my last post on the other thread, you answered it on this one. Thanks guys for the info.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going to try to make it, if my motors ready. It would be good meeting all you guys.

plan on making some mid 4 passes, if you want the ute title.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

There goes my chances, you are runnung an alcohol 916 twin on Nos now. holly sh!!!. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Clash showdown!!! TheBOM vs HPR vs Finishline vs Craycraft vs Silverbullet?