CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Got my Noss System!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Noss System!!!!!

Originally posted by: BlackHawk
Try this link for more NOSS info:

Noss Info Link

Keep in mind NOSS is different from NOS in that NOS is Nitrous Oxide, and NOSS and the Boss Industries Nitrous Oxide delivery system. The primary benefit of this system is that the NOS is delivered at a consistent level so you always know what you are going to get and you don't have as many variables / risks.
Chris,

Just to clarify (and we all like good info) NOS is a Holley trademark for their N20 delivery system which is the scientific designation of Nitrous Oxide. NOSS is a Boss Industries trade mark for their N20 delivery system. You are absolutely correct when you point out the main differences: One is regulated (NOSS) and the other is not (NOS). And brother, if you've ever even considered N20 on a quad, you already know how important regulation is.

Yes, I've been busy - I bet you guys thought I fell off the earth!

Old 02-24-2006, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Originally posted by: BlackHawk Yes, I've been busy - I bet you guys thought I fell off the earth!
Nope, didn't even know you were gone........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Now that was just funny. Marky, I didnt know you had them together already.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

Make sure your button is sand proof I toasted my motor a few weeks ago. Sand got in my switch and after I ran the hill I let off the throttle and my nos system was still shooting a 20 shot in my motor and it toasted my rings and I am not sure what else yet I have not had time to take it apart yet. My system was a wet nos brand.
What makes Boss Noss so much better does it have a fail safe in the system that would prevent this from happening or a fail safe that would kill the nos if you had a problem with fuel delivery. I really want to get a system that is safer than the one I have I know it was a cheap button that caused my whole problem but now I am going to do an expensive build and I think I am going to be afraid to use mine even with a new sand proof button I am going to be afraid of my fuel pump or cylinoid going out and costing me another motor.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

TPsycho, Boss does have a sealed switch!! Regulation of the noss is the best part tho

Old 02-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

Jed,

Glenn asked, and I put one together, had it in the mail the same day. For ODP, they can order them now. It’s the fricken huge parts houses that are hard to deal with. I just turned one of the major "western" distributors down today. Seems they want them for practically nothing, don’t want to stock very much, and won’t promote them, or do sales support. The die hard, racing dealers are where it’s at.... most of the major distributors just simply can’t catch the vision of what around the corner for sport ATVs. When you look at N20 for sleds, and what it has done for that market, and also consider ATVs out sell sleds 8:1, that's an untapped market that requires some grey matter, and some courage to position yourself for. ODP is doing that by studying what’s out there, understanding the kits and how they work, and actually using it. Of course, it helps to have an inside guy.... and he has my cell number - day or night.

Support is something I've always been good at. Holley, NX and Boonies will be broadsided by what this combination will bring. What's more, I dont think they really care. That will be a mistake when the really new stuff starts rolling out for other applications. If any of you have seen the catalog, and the new markets we got into recently, just use your imagination a bit for what might happen next year.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

[quote]
Make sure your button is sand proof I toasted my motor a few weeks ago. Sand got in my switch and after I ran the hill I let off the throttle and my nos system was still shooting a 20 shot in my motor and it toasted my rings and I am not sure what else yet I have not had time to take it apart yet. My system was a wet nos brand.
What makes Boss Noss so much better does it have a fail safe in the system that would prevent this from happening or a fail safe that would kill the nos if you had a problem with fuel delivery. I really want to get a system that is safer than the one I have I know it was a cheap button that caused my whole problem but now I am going to do an expensive build and I think I am going to be afraid to use mine even with a new sand proof button I am going to be afraid of my fuel pump or cylinoid going out and costing me another motor. [quote]

Look, here's the deal. A $10 part would have prevented all of this whole mess. It's called a Hobbs switch. All of my N2O systems have them. You T off the fuel line going to the N2O and wire up the solenoids in series. You can set the Hobbs to shut off the juice to the whole system. If the fuel pressure ever drops below your set level it will kill the system and not your motor.
BTW, a properly set up juice system should never fry anything unless the fuel solenoid did not open or the jet got clogged. You should be able to run on just the bottle until it runs dry with a wet system.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Doctorturbo
[quote]
What makes Boss Noss so much better does it have a fail safe in the system that would prevent this from happening or a fail safe that would kill the nos if you had a problem with fuel delivery. I really want to get a system that is safer than the one I have I know it was a cheap button that caused my whole problem but now I am going to do an expensive build and I think I am going to be afraid to use mine even with a new sand proof button I am going to be afraid of my fuel pump or cylinoid going out and costing me another motor.

Look, here's the deal. A $10 part would have prevented all of this whole mess. It's called a Hobbs switch. All of my N2O systems have them. You T off the fuel line going to the N2O and wire up the solenoids in series. You can set the Hobbs to shut off the juice to the whole system. If the fuel pressure ever drops below your set level it will kill the system and not your motor.
BTW, a properly set up juice system should never fry anything unless the fuel solenoid did not open or the jet got clogged. You should be able to run on just the bottle until it runs dry with a wet system.

If you start with a good solinoid, the only problem then is electrical failure to the fuel solinoid. You can solve that with a hobbs switch, or have factory trained guys make your electrical connections and them seal them in a tamperproof housing. If your nitrous system is scattered all over the quad, with piece parts - then perhaps it might be a good idea to make sure that if any one of those wires gets pulled, that you have another layer of safety. But, like I said before, if you only have one electrical connection, to the battery - and everything else is sealed, not much need for a hobbs switch there. If you loose one connection, both solinoids will stay shut - fuel and nitrous - safe and sound. Just like glenn said, the real problem is the regulation of the nitrous. Way more problems occur from that issue than any other one.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know of someone that can vouch for that LOL stupid switch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]