CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

stupid, stupid exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid, stupid exhaust

I have the full Ron Woods on mine and love it.

Old 03-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Spear124,
I feel ya man and I totally agree with all your head aches.
To cut to the chase I wanted to find an exhaust that had a proven performance record no matter what performance MODS I went with later (i.e. Carb, 730, EFI...) so I wanted one that really flows specifically for the DS, not for the Raptor, Preditor .. but for the DS and I don't care about db levels 40 miles away from any kind of city... where drag pipes get away with Wide Open flow.... I am not a drag race guy but a dunes bowl carver... so to speak.
The RW pipe is what I spent my 500+ bones on for the full system. I talked to them and they have never had a returned pipe yet. I have heard of a few rusting problems but I live in San Diego so it did not really bother me... Ya stailnless steel would be better but I don't ride in the MUD or Snow... I am more of a dunes guy and the Full exhaust Pipe from RW is the best from what I found.... again just my 2 cents worth ... spend em wisely....

Old 03-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider
Has been riding one thing or another since I was 11 years old.(31 years).

I have a Ron Woods full system on my 05 DSX .... LOVE IT!!! never had an issue with bottoming out( i'm 320lbs.) my dyno guy at KMS Performance said he has seen good hp , around 10 i think is what he said, with a Yoshamira slip on. don't know how much $ .. wouldn't trade my RWR system for nothing. it bolted up easy and have had no probs with it. I did have to buy a spark arrestor though... 23 disc super trap OUCH!! $ 175 but it works great.

Old 03-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

I am guessing that is 1500 canadian? That would be relatively close but still high even for the LTE setup...

Anyway I have owned 2/3 of the available pipes out there for the ds - yosh/hmf/WB/mbrp/CT and now the top gun. I like the top gun thus far because it seems to be the king of top end power without sacrificing mid/bottom. If I didnt have the top gun I would have another HMF on. They run about 225 shipped off ebay PC'd in any color and that is with a quiet core.

Old 03-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: R00ST
I am guessing that is 1500 canadian? That would be relatively close but still high even for the LTE setup...

Anyway I have owned 2/3 of the available pipes out there for the ds - yosh/hmf/WB/mbrp/CT and now the top gun. I like the top gun thus far because it seems to be the king of top end power without sacrificing mid/bottom. If I didnt have the top gun I would have another HMF on. They run about 225 shipped off ebay PC'd in any color and that is with a quiet core.
You may be right. I forgot about exchange rate. I think $1,500 Canadian is right at $25 or $30 bucks U.S. isn't it? Actually sounds like a steal when you think about it that way.

Old 03-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

*harsh* lmao...I just looked it up and WOW - it comes out to be 1324 and some change...!!

If the places you are looking are trying to charge you that WALK AWAY. You can build a nice 730 for a little more than that. I wouldnt personally spend more than 300-350 on a QUAD exhaust! Take a look at the HMF for good power with an even better price (plus the fact you can get the pipe to match your machine is bonus points in my book).

Old 03-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

Im running the yoshimura setup...pretty sure the HMF and Yoshi pipes put out close to the same power but the yoshi is stainless steel and seems it would be better quality also. I love the pipe great power, sounds good, quality super good, and the fit was top notch.

Old 03-03-2006, 01:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Well I have a Alba the only problem is they don't make a full pipe any more but if just a slip on will work they have that for a pretty good price I know that not everyone likes it but I personally think it is a great pipe and would definately buy another one any day of the week. And the sound is unmistakable.(LOVE IT) The HMF is great though but if you want a full pipe there really isn't alot of choices unfortunately for the DS good luck I am sure all this is just confusing you more sorry about that.

Old 03-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

Hi spear and welcome to the forum. I run a hmf sport. I noticed quite abit of power gain for the price. HMF is the way to go if you have a stock or mild quad. They are cheap and make a diff. Well good luck with what you choose. RUSS