CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Is there anybody listening?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there anybody listening?

Originally posted by: Goodsound
Have you ever heard anything by Mark O'Conner He also can play anything with strings but his main thing is fiddle. He is mostly Bluegrass and Country but if I had to pick the most talented musican I would say its him.

My favorites are:

Country- Keith Urban and Diamond Rio

Rock- 3 Doors Down

Classic Rock- Eagles, Boston, and Joe Walsh

Metal- Metalica

Southern Rock- Moly Hatchet, Skynard, and 38 Specail

Bluegrass- Alison Kraus and Union Station

actually I think modern music in most genres kinda sucks. I think the 70s, 80s, and 90s was when the best music came out.

Goodsound,
I really like your choices... gowing up a little **** kicker' I really like country...well actually I like a little bit of everything.

On your country list I would have to add Gary Allen, George Strait, Randy Travis and Alabama, I forgot but one of my favorite real rodeo country singers was Chris LeDoux he never got enough recognition when he was a live and I still don't think he has got enough after he passed.

Pop/R&B: Nelly Furtado has an awsome unique voice, Mariah Carey has as an incredible voice also

And Bluegrass, you could not have hit it harder on the head with Alison Krauss and Union Station...she has the best voice.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

Ive got the plesure of working with Gary Allen and two of my best freinds used to compete against Allison Krause in Bluegrass competions.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

I think Gary Allen is going to become one of the legends of country music....he has a great style that is much like alot of the music that came from the 70's and 80's. And you can't forget Chris LeDoux just one of the unrecognized greats.

Tom

Old 03-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

See, here's where the debates start.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Music is like religion, race, and politics. Nobody can get along when the conversations get going.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

So I'll leave you with this little bit. Even though I appreciate Roy Clark's talent I absolutely cannot stand Country music. Not going to get into how or why, I just hate it.

If they don't have the vocal range of Geoff Tate, Ronnie James DIO, Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, Don Dokken, or Robert Plant, then more than liekly I'll find it somewhat of a bore.

I prefer the Classic Rock era of the 60-70's, with a little Motown thrown in, and then quite a bit of Metal I find appealing to the ear. But Country? No can do. Sorry.

Old 03-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: bombdsbaja
I think Gary Allen is going to become one of the legends of country music....he has a great style that is much like alot of the music that came from the 70's and 80's. And you can't forget Chris LeDoux just one of the unrecognized greats.

Tom
AMEN to that! Gary Allan & Chris ledoux are/wer the best un Commercialized country tallent there is out there. Even though gary is a california surfbum he can sing. plus he rides quads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Alisson Krauss has the purest & best voice in music. She is has the voice of an angel.

Old 03-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: bombdsbaja

Tom
AMEN to that! Gary Allan & Chris ledoux are/wer the best un Commercialized country tallent there is out there. Even though gary is a california surfbum he can sing. plus he rides quads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
So what if your from So. Cal. you can't be country???lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I mean look at at Buck Owens...well maybe we won't go there.

Old 03-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Ummmmm.. Gary is kicktail man. You can bee from anywhere and be country. Country is where the heart is man.

Old 03-23-2006, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

Not a big fan of Chris Ledoux or Roy Clark but I am a huge fan of Buck Owens.

Ace I just think its cool that you like any kind of music. There is nothing more powerful than music its the one thing that connects us all. I am not a big fan of hard core metal but like i said earlier I can appriciate anything where talent is involved. And believe me there is just as much talent in country music as anything else but that doesnt mean you have to like it.

I have favorite bands in all types of music and dont like one more than the other.

Not to make any one made but I also have my least favorites the biggest on being BIG and RICH absolutly no talent involve there in my opinion. Sorry!

Old 03-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: Goodsound

I also have my least favorites the biggest one being BIG and RICH absolutly no talent involve there in my opinion. Sorry!
I AGREE, They really suck and their worse live and cowboy troys hickhop is garbage aswell.

Quick Reply: Is there anybody listening?