CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Planet Sand Drags

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planet Sand Drags

Have you guys seen his new 574cc run yet?? I think it is even quicker.....oh...and I totally understand that the bomb is a great machine for the larger men. I have a bud who has one, and I like to ride the dunes with it, sooo much more comfortable than mine. I just like how mine is more snappy, and how I can put in anywhere in jumps and trails..

Old 03-22-2006, 04:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

More snap....hmm, you must have never rode a bolt-on spiderbike, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Nah, the biggest I seen run was the 558 and it was very impressive.

Im sure his drag bike on the chassis will lay down some impressive times.

Sure hope he makes it to the Clash of the Titans in October though. We can see how he stacks up in sand. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

He also has a 600cc....but I think the 574 is faster. oh...and no, the only bomb I've seen is a stock one.....bomb's around here(real close that is) are kinda like preds every where else....lol. I'd like to see some of your guys' bombs run though, I've heard they are very very fast!!! I'm more into the xc scene.....and looking into getting a mx dirtbike

Old 03-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh no man. Mine isnt even close to a fast bomb. You need to see THEBOM'S and FAST69'S bike run. Those are by far the 2 fastest DS's that I have ever seen run.

But also like the Predator, most people take a look at the DS and think oh another one of those turds....until they line up....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just be sure and keep an eye out for the results at Planetsand. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

Bradracer18 depending on your weight and how good a rider you are it looks to me like you pred is no slouch at all

Old 03-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Oh no man. Mine isnt even close to a fast bomb. You need to see THEBOM'S and FAST69'S bike run. Those are by far the 2 fastest DS's that I have ever seen run.

You haven't seen sandbombers bike run yet????

Old 03-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 04DS650
Originally posted by: choosetolose04

You haven't seen sandbombers bike run yet????

Nope, I have yet to see Sandbombers bike run. Hopefully in a couple of weeks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2006, 09:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Man, I'm jealous....I'd like to see them all run too. Aren't some of the ds's really fast, and have like a busa engine in them or something(not real familiar with the ds terminolgy)....

Goodsound.....yeah, for a stock bore, mine goes pretty well. I'm a real good driver, and can be a good dragger if I practice up, weighing in at 160lbs. I just don't have the money to go into a big bore setup, nor do I really want to work on my quad that much(checking clearances, adjusting valves, etc)......all the time that is. I'm waiting for the KTM motor to be put in the pred frame......hopefully!!!!

Dragging, as I've recently learned is knowing your bike well. On the pred, I was told/learned to "short shift" up til about 4th gear, and she loves to just grab those gears. I guess it is actually faster this way. In 4th, it will pull real hard. Either way, if you get outta the powerband, you're loosing time.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

They have a few busa bikes and a few Gixxer bikes running around which are very fast up the hills or long distances beyond 300ft. But some of the fastest DS's in the US in 300ft will be Sandbombers, THEBOM'S, Misterhp's, FAST69'S. Maybe some of the other fast guys like AZSAND, Jeffinrivercity, Hard1 and Bigbaja will make the trek to the Clash of the Titans in October to strut their stuff. I know they are fast on the hills but 300ft is a totally different animal.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

Bradacer18, at 160lbs I dont know if you need a bigbore mabe just a good set of cams and not even the super high lift cams. I mean your not gonna compete with Nicholas's machines but you would definately hold your own.

Quick Reply: Planet Sand Drags