CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Battery Relocate

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Relocate

Where to???

Old 03-25-2006, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Battery Relocate

I have whacked the tube and battery box off the sub-frame and am going to re-mount in a custom aluminum air filter/battery and electronics box as some others have done.....some of the San Diego guy's have good pics of their relocated batterys would be great if they would chime in with some of their deminsions............The Ninja and many other dragers have relocated to the front of the bike above the bumper............

Tom

Old 03-25-2006, 10:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default Battery Relocate

I put up some new pics in the middle of my page.. I hope its clear enough. Oh and it keeps the front end down better.

Old 03-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Battery Relocate

I am a big fan of this mounting point.

It keeps the batteries weight in the center of the frame and also looks much cleaner.

730 battery mount

Old 03-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Battery Relocate

Roost I like that mounting arrangement too, the other methods of locating the battery in the same place but upright just aren't as appealing when viewed from behind.

Old 03-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Battery Relocate

Mine is located in a control box built into the center of my aluminum subframe and also houses all other electrical components. I think its just a little cleaner look with the batter off the side of the subframe. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Battery Relocate

I put mine under my seat useing the stock carrier that is part of the tubular subframe mount. It holds the battery tight. I welded some small tabs to it so that it would mount to the subframe tabs that were used to mount the air box. I put it as far back as I could backing it up to the rear crossmember that the seat pin is mounted to. With the stock snorkel between the carb and filter there is about a half in of gap(between the filter and battery). It really mounts up nice. The only bad part is there is limited acces to the rear brake light bolts or the seat pin bolt. I have to remove the battery and its mounts if I want to access these. It has only been a problem the time I landed on my seat really hard and the seat latch would not open. I had to use a small open end wrench to take the latch off the seat latch... major pain. But in the end I am really glad I did it, cause it looks killer... like a bad *** racer, even though I'm way to fat for that. All the electronics are mounted on a piece of aluminum flat bar that bolts under the battery carrier. It bolts through the holes that the battery strap uses. Sorry I don't have any pics of it... maybe I'll work on that. The whole thing is really clean looking, especially if you have shaved fenders. I'll try to get some pics.

Edit: I just looked at the pics Roost posted... looks cool but I don't think that configuration will not allow enough room for the stock snorkel. Mine is mounted the same way just farther back. You would have to run a direct mount filter for that one I think. I had to cut the plastics all the way back past the tool carrier, and then there is only an inch or so of the battery showing. It can be done though.

Old 03-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Battery Relocate

since im not gonna be running a headlight on my new drag bike i was thinking about mounting the battery ontop of the oil tank under the front facia.that way its completely hidden . no wires or crap hanging down just a nice clean look.

Old 03-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Battery Relocate

I am actually running a snorkle tube on there and wish the battery was about another inch back. As it is now the filter has to be pushed below the battery (only like an inch as it is just below the line the filter should be in) and I run a no-toil so it is soft and just conforms to the battery tray - no biggy really but if I am ever in a situation to do it again I would have mounted it a bit further back (live and learn I suppose!)

Old 03-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Battery Relocate

Originally posted by: Hightower
Roost I like that mounting arrangement too, the other methods of locating the battery in the same place but upright just aren't as appealing when viewed from behind.
What other methods? I really like how roost had his, but am afraid to lay the battery on its side, as we already had one of ours leak. The stupid thing was brand new, and was probobly just a fluke. But not worth the risk as far as I am concerned at this point. A little bit of a box or something hanging down would not look that bad I don't think.

I also like the aluminum box that was made to put it up front. That looks good, and served a good purpose. Weight you have to have, might as well get it in the right spot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Battery Relocate