CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bombusa 4 turbo update

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bombusa 4 turbo update

well my frame has been completely media blasted and its being coated as we speak and I am picking it up from the powder coaters today at 2pm. this is the most I have ever spent on having a frame coated but I figure its going to be my bike and I want something special so what the he*L! at the last minute I decided against yellow for the frame and picked a special order "specialty color" that looked awsome with the yellow ds plastic. remember I said I wanted bright? its going to be "bright candy orange sparkle" with clear coat on everything. I did the pegs, a arms, and swing arm in a metalic silver hammertone. 19 parts in all and it ran me a wopping $810.00. I did have quite a few extra parts done on this build like my turbo exhaust and intake pipe which were alumaceramic coated because of the heat. this is a way less traditional color than most of my bikes have been and a lot more money but its a keeper. my powder coater guy is the best you will ever find. he usually has your bike done the following day and has a vast selection of color charts from mild to wild and is about as nice of a guy as you will ever meet. he actually gets excited when you pick a color he has never sprayed and will stay late or show up early to get it done sooner so that he can see what its going to look like! and he lays the powder on nice and thick! he realy gets into it . his regular prices arent bad either when your not doing anything realy fancy. I paid around $300 each for the last 3 bikes Ive built and that was with part of the parts being one color and the rest hammertoned and he did a very nice job on all of them. the other places I quoted prices from here in town wanted between $450 and $800 for what he does for $300! if you need a frame done and your near sacramento I highly recomend american industrial coating in carmichael. anyway, I will post some pics as soon as its a roller and looks like something which will probably be tomorrow. LOL . should be a hoot so ....stay tuned!

Old 03-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Man that thing ought to look sweet. Get some pics up of the frame when you get it back.

Old 03-28-2006, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

Sounds like it will look as good as it will run. Can't wait to see your pics.

Old 03-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

will post some pics later in the week , just bought myself a truck on ebay so I have to go jump on a plane to wyoming and drive it back