CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo

As for the question at hand. Donal is not on very often, but now has his dialed in and the bike runs really well. I have riden it myself, and can say that it is one heck of a fast dune machine...There are ones out there that are pushing the limits, and having problems as does everyone that pushes limits on thier builds. It is a matter of usage as far as I am concerned. But I know for a fact, that Kelly works very closly with anyone of his customers until it is right....I am still thinking of going that route myself.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo

Originally posted by: DragonDJ11
Originally posted by: yjacket2001
Azsandrider,

Sounds great. I think that's what most people want. Performance with not much maintenance.
Except hypsters of course who would rather have a world of drag racers with nitro
blowing up their $10K rebuilds every other outing, lol.

You are an unbelievable Moses of marketing wraped up in one nasty sack.
I hope no one wastes their time reading your windbag full of unbelievable crap;
or for that matter any of your hypster/basher/crasher friends that never have a meaningful post.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Hey yellow fly, if you are going to call someone out you best do it by name. I may mistakenly think you were referring to me in that post, and that is something you don't want to do........
Dragon has it right...Better use some names if ya gonna play this route. Just beware. DS guys may have their own little discrepencies aginst one another in the DS family, but you start calling a DS guy out, You are gonna get the whole FAM DAMNLY. You really wanna go there???? I too have riden Donalds bike and it is a very fast machine and I would be thrilled to own that bike and I too am thinking about maybe going that route.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default turbo

or for that matter any of your hypster/basher/crasher friends that never have a meaningful post.

Yjacket - I am concerned about your psychological health. You seem to have tremendous amounts of pent up anger. I think the cure would be to buy a Turbo, have it installed on your bike and go ride for a few days. Anger will chew you up and spit you out..............besides, life is way to short to allow an uneducated toole such as myself to have the power to make you respond this way.

Take a good long ride, let the anger go and be happy![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Then come respond to the people who irritate and frustrate you. Trust me, it will make all the difference in the world[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

That was your first lesson. Congratulations![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Now, the idea of the turbo has intrigued me more than once. I want to ride Donal's if we ever meet up. The concern for me is the idle to 5k rpm. My 730 high compression motor is a torque monster and performs very well in this range. I need good bottom end for duning. How do the turbo bikes do in this regard?

Old 05-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo

Originally posted by: DSNUT

Yjacket - I am concerned about your psychological health. You seem to have tremendous amounts of pent up anger. I think the cure would be to buy a Turbo, have it installed on your bike and go ride for a few days. Anger will chew you up and spit you out..............besides, life is way to short to allow an uneducated toole such as myself to have the power to make you respond this way.

Take a good long ride, let the anger go and be happy![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Then come respond to the people who irritate and frustrate you. Trust me, it will make all the difference in the world[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Now, the idea of the turbo has intrigued me more than once. I want to ride Donal's if we ever meet up. The concern for me is the idle to 5k rpm. My 730 high compression motor is a torque monster and performs very well in this range. I need good bottom end for duning. How do the turbo bikes do in this regard?
No concernes in that aspect. He has a +5 swing arm on that puppy, and a second gear launch picked the front end up with my fat **** on it.....Even your 730 torque monster could not do that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
That was your first lesson. Congratulations![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default turbo

LOL![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Now we are talking. When I get my head back, lets get Keith to bring that beast out. We can see what happens[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

That is something to look forward to [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

btw, mine is a plus 6 swingarm[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo

Now we are talking. When I get my head back, lets get Keith to bring that beast out. We can see what happens[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

That is something to look forward to [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

btw, mine is a plus 6 swingarm[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Sounds good, and Crash, Big D, and I will bring our new monster. She is home now, and she shur purrs nice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2006, 02:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default turbo

Originally posted by: DragonDJ11

Sounds good, and Crash, Big D, and I will bring our new monster. She is home now, and she shur purrs nice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
The suspense is killing me![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] What did you get?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default turbo

"IF" they ever get the bugs worked out of these turbo's they are gonna be very tuff to beat on the hill. I will just have to see one respond well off the line to be competitive in 300ft. But simply because the fact that they are more "robust" than a well built motor, they should do the trick in time, aint that right yjacket?

Old 05-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo

Robust, yes very robust.LOL

Old 05-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default turbo

Anyone else notice that the guy that started this thread hasn't said anything since his original post?

Now before all you that think the've been abducted by a UFO and probed in places that are marked "Exit Only" start jumping to conclusions . . . think about the possibility that maybe we just scared him off?

All I'm saying is maybe we should try to stick to answers for the original thread poster rather than all the B.S. that is more familiar with the Yamaha forum.

BUT, I don't want to discuss it on his thread so, if you want to discuss it elsewhere send me a PM and I'll come to your thread (not promising I'll get into it - not really worth it to me). Not going to discuss it here on his thread.

Quick Reply: turbo