ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   CAN-AM (BRP) (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/)
-   -   Perfect Ending to a Perfect Day!!!!:( (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/239322-perfect-ending-perfect-day.html)

DSNUT 05-14-2006 03:38 AM

Perfect Ending to a Perfect Day!!!!:(

First I had a phenominal day of crushing 4-strokes and mildly modded Banshee's at the hill. I did some great duning and trailing. I went back to the hill and these two idiots ride up on this built Banshee. The guy riding biatch wasen't wearing a shirt and instead of doing the typical male thing where you sit as far back on the seat as possible and only hold onto the hem of the person's coat in front of you, this guy was snuggled up and had his arms wrapped around the rider. (DSNUT Vomits then continues with his story)

The pull up beside me and I pull them by about 5 lengths on the hill. I go back down and line up and the "banshee pair" pulled off to the side and the passenger off loaded. As the rider came over to line up with me, the pitcher (off loaded passenger) ran his finger across his neck as though I was going to get creamed. I decided to take every advantage after that gesture so I jumped him at the start by just a smidge. I was still a tire in front of him at the top of the short hill. I turned around and pulled up next to the pitcher. Stopped and pulled my helmet off. I said, "I didn't understand your gesture before the race. What were you trying to say?" He hung his head and said, "w-w-w-well we have been partying..........."

I went back up to the top of the hill and watched as the catcher went and picked the pitcher up. The pitcher swung his leg over the seat and promptly fell off the other side! LMAO!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

If I had known he was that drunk when I got done talking to him, I would have left him in the biggest pile of sand he had ever seen![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] He would have been finding sand in his crack until 2030! Oh well, missed opportunity.

He got back on the banshee and the two of them rode up to the top where the guy riding on the back tipped over again and fell off the side again.

What a riot! On the other hand i was ticked that they were out there endangering the rest of us by riding and racing under the influence. That would have been my reason for sanding the schmuck![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

After dinner, I decided to go out to the hill for the evening runs. About 500 away from camp, my c-moly axle twisted in half at the sprocket hub.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] I looked just like Randall in that video from Planet Sand when the carbon fiber axle broke. We loaded the bike up right there and I came home. What a day![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I seized the bearings in March so the axle and spacers were spinning inside the frozen bearings. The axle sustained surface scoring and extreme heat........apparently enough to greatly compromise the structural integrity of the axle. It was not torque that broke it. It fractured then broke over several trips out. I have confidence in the axle, I just shouldn't have run it after the bearing incident.

Here is my take. That axle could have snapped at the bottom of a tree chute. It could have snapped under full accelleration right next to another rider on the hill. It could have come off at 65 mph on the flats. I could have been hurt or killed today by something I had no idea was wrong.

It broke at idle speed going over the whoop road out of camp with no one beside or behind me. Who says there isn't a God?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If something bad was going to happen, it picked the perfect time to do it so it was a good ending to a day that could have been very bad![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for letting me ramble..................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ron

ANNIHILATER 05-14-2006 03:49 AM

LMAO!! Snuggled, pitcher, catcher.LOL Thats funny chit!!

And that axle thingy is the very reason I pray for everyone at the dunes, So you better be thanking the good lord above!! Did you pray for a safe trip before you went out today?

duneittilludie 05-14-2006 09:35 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the snuggle twins.If i see them today i will go the other way for many reasons.I suppose that i could accidentally throw a roost their way with these extremes!!!Even though your axle broke you are very lucky that it broke when it did,you did have a good day.

rfwlll 05-14-2006 10:07 AM

I would say you were very lucky NUT. The lord loves us and let us not take advantage of that. Glad to see you are alright. RUSS

KaiserSosei 05-14-2006 10:43 AM

(DSNUT vomits and continues his story) catcher, pitcher, I am glad someone else also finds this behavior DISGUSTING! Sorry about your axle, you could have been seriiously hurt.

sandbomber 05-14-2006 12:48 PM

pitcher and catcher??? hhhmmmm didnt know they play balls at the dunes??? LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

DSNUT 05-15-2006 01:04 AM

Thanks Fatholly. I will find another way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

FatHolly 05-15-2006 01:18 AM

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Ported 250R

I have never posted video. Does this link work?
Didn't work for me... took me to a G-mail account login.

supersonictoys 05-15-2006 01:21 AM

no worky

DSNUT 05-15-2006 01:25 AM

I don't know how to link it. It is a file on my computer but i don't know how to make it an http. Anybody know?