CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

still nt getting power at stator even tho grounded bat at motor HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still nt getting power at stator even tho grounded bat at motor HELP!!!!

oh yeah 1 last thing i remember...last time this happened i drove the whole day without shutting it off or stalling(nice) and somewhere along the day the battery died and i kept going and then I OVERHEATED cause the fan wasnt coming on...sucked!

went home pissed AGAIN!

Old 09-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default still nt getting power at stator even tho grounded bat at motor HELP!!!!

I said everything that I thought it could be and even going outside the box with the valves but that has nothing to do with the battery dying maybe something is shorting out the battery when you are driving and that is cuasing it to die when you ride more and more check the connections on every single wire even the clutch and other stuff make sure it is all connected and fine.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

I know that it has been a while since you have written anything about your problem with the electrical. I am having the same exact problem and I cannot figure it out, can you please help me and tell me what you did to fix it, thanks.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

My quess would be he installed a new voltage regulator / rectifier. In a case like this that is the most likley culprit. As long as your stator is putting out. Chances are that yours is. I would always suspect the regulator before the stator. But even though I say that. I would still check the stators output to be sure. Here is the kicker. Even if your stator checks out fine, your regulator checks fine the pick up coil and battery check out fine. Your problem is a faulty rectifier/ regulator. Imagine that...crazy as it sounds, it's fact.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

check your stator, if your getting voltage there, get a voltage reg./rectifier. done.