CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Questions and comments on new OuttyXT.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions and comments on new OuttyXT.

Just talked to the dealer and the service guy kinda made me feel like an idiot when i asked if the tires might be out of ballance. He said that he's never heard of such a thing and has never put an atv tire on the ballance machine. He told me to bring it in and leave it for "Just a couple of days".
If my new tires are junk and they do nothing about it, i'm shuvin those carlisles up someone's butt at brp.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
I guess i should take it in before i get too mad. Just pi$$es me off that you spend that much cash and the dealer makes it sound like, "no biggie, just drop it off and we'll get to it when we're damn good and ready." [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: TreeReaper
Just talked to the dealer and the service guy kinda made me feel like an idiot when i asked if the tires might be out of ballance. He said that he's never heard of such a thing and has never put an atv tire on the ballance machine. He told me to bring it in and leave it for "Just a couple of days".
If my new tires are junk and they do nothing about it, i'm shuvin those carlisles up someone's butt at brp.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
I guess i should take it in before i get too mad. Just pi$$es me off that you spend that much cash and the dealer makes it sound like, "no biggie, just drop it off and we'll get to it when we're damn good and ready." [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
well they are carslisle man.. what do you expect.. there kinda like firestone.. junk.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Skidplates and plow? while the richochets are spendy they are nice. and why not just drill or cut holes in the skids for the plow? Im not sure how it all hitches up.?
Fly, I'm guessing by your response that i shouldn't be mixing buisness with pleasure....?
I'll look into mounting on top of the skid plate, but i've got a feeling the plow mount and the skid plate takes up the same space.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Trailblazer

Fly, to your last post/reply about the carlisles being junk. You're killin me man....

So your sayin i should pitch the tires and wheels, get a set of steel beadlocks with 27" ? and a clutch kit? I'm gonna need your help with the wife on this one.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

I dunno about plows man.. we only get rain out here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

as for carlisle.. they are they are like cheapo rejects man. i swear.. look at all the imperfections in them when you wear em down.. at least mine have all kinds of big airbubbles in the treads and crap.. Not a real quality product in my mind.. besides they are not a safe tire for that amount of weight. I have to run 8 lbs in the front to keel em on the wheels and 5 in the rear. the tires just rooooollll.. they aint as bad as the stock tires on the poo 700 mind you.. but they are still junk. the first atv that will come factory with decent tires will be the renegade.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TreeReaper
Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Skidplates and plow? while the richochets are spendy they are nice. and why not just drill or cut holes in the skids for the plow? Im not sure how it all hitches up.?
Fly, I'm guessing by your response that i shouldn't be mixing buisness with pleasure....?
I'll look into mounting on top of the skid plate, but i've got a feeling the plow mount and the skid plate takes up the same space.
You are just going to have to remove the middle skid plate. Not only are they in the same space, the plow mount front curves up into the skid plate. It's the front skid plate that is needed the most anyway.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:55 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll get the machine in early next week(don't think i can live with out it over the weekend). I hope this isn't a drivetrain issue.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
I'm thinkin i'll just have to get an impact wrench for all the skid plate and plow mount removal i'll be doin i a coulple of months(if we get any snow and not just a bunch of slop).
Sounds like the mudlites are what everyones happy with around here. Might be a good Xmas gift for my wife[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. I love those gifts that i give that i get to use[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].
Thanks again. and Fly, sorry bout the "no snow" thing out there. you'll have to make a trip up north sometime just to roll around in the white stuff. Trust me when i say you don't want to live with it on a regular basis. Cold gets old about midway through the season. It's fun to get dumped on though. Gives a lot of us a reason to take a day off work.

Old 09-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

Seems to be a tire issue.Brand new 400xt with 4 hrs on it and same thing,30 mph[ figure this out ,i live in canada ,buy a canadian bike and the speedo's in miles,,anyway] and big time shimmy as well as pulling hard to the right.At my 10 hr dealer maintenance will find out whats the deal here.Glad I found this site to give me a little ammunition..

Old 09-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

as for carlisle.. they are they are like cheapo rejects man. i swear.. look at all the imperfections in them when you wear em down.. at least mine have all kinds of big airbubbles in the treads and crap>>>>>>>>>

I'm not sure how they will hold up but so far the handling has been pretty good compared to my Rincon. I've tried to find some info. on the Badlands but seems hard to find, are they a fairly new tire? I'm probably going to switch to Holeshots when the time comes though, I like their look and want to go with a bit smaller tire/wheel.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

I live around 48° N wich is pretty far north for the continental US.. however I live right near the ocean [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Were heavily influenced by that..

Quick Reply: Questions and comments on new OuttyXT.