CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

can-am wins

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can-am wins

v2 if you want the facts go to your website and pull up the specs then go to can-am and pull the specs, even you cant argue with that. or are you going to say that dosent prove anything?

Old 09-28-2006, 12:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default can-am wins

Originally posted by: gtdoctor
Dsnut, if that's true bout V2 rider, I can say one thing for sure; he's not the only one![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Who else are you referring to? This is the Can-Am forum and we are supposed to talk up the high points of our machines. That is natural and in keeping with the tradition of the ATV Connection[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

What is not natural and in the past has been frowned upon by the moderators is forum jumping to cause trouble. If you guys want to tout AC, do it on the AC forum. If you think Honda is better, great! Talking about it on the Honda forum means you are simply an enthusiast. Talking about it on someone else's forum just means you want to cause trouble.

I don't know you gtdoctor but if this was the AC forum, I would be thinking the same thing I am saying on my forum.........only it would be on their behalf[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Ahem!.....I have been known to go start some shenanegans on the Yammi forum, lol. But I have that right since I own 3 Yammi's........4 if you include my generator, lol.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2006, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default can-am wins

>>>Valcourt, Québec, September 22, 2006 – Can-AmTM ATVs from BRP won the manufacturers' championship of the inaugural World PowerSports Association (WPSA) Quadterrain racing tour.
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>

Ok, well BOTH manufacturers seem to be claiming some kind of championship here then. Which is which?

MOST wins and MOST podiums=??

Old 09-28-2006, 02:18 AM
Trailblazer
Default can-am wins

Dsnut, I understand that you're just giving V2 a little jazz because he's a Cat owner. My point was simply that it's pretty hard to single him out when you got 3 or 4 guys, in the same thread, doing exactly the same thing.
I attempted to make a similar point to Raidermike when he came to the AC side and nailed a guy for saying something stupid about Can Am, yet we had just had a thread on this site for a number of days where one or two guys were consitently bashing AC (and apparently that was ok?).
As for me, I don't bash, period. And I don't care who's doing it, or what "site" it's on, it's pointless. I come on these forums, including this one, because it's entertaining, and being relatively new to 4-wheeling, I've learned quite a bit about brands other than AC.
Don't you think it would be a little bit boring if someone started a thread like this (about racing, competition, or comparison), and nobody from the other side chimed in at all?
I guess I'd have to disagree with you on your statement, "talking about it on someone elses forum just means you want to cause trouble". I've posted here a half a dozen times or so, sometimes making a point about AC, but never once have I tried to cause trouble. In fact, I have been very complimentary about Can Am (2 friends have them). It all depends on how you do it. If someone comes in here acting like a jerk, I agree with you. But for the most part, that certainly has not been the case with the 2 or 3 AC guys that post over here.
And , yes, Raidermike, both companies can lay claim to a championship. AC with the individual, and Can Am with the team championship (one point over AC).

Old 09-28-2006, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default can-am wins

And , yes, Raidermike, both companies can lay claim to a championship. AC with the individual, and Can Am with the team championship (one point over AC). >>>>>>>>>

OK, so we'll call it even then! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img])

Old 09-28-2006, 02:27 AM
Trailblazer
Default can-am wins

Sounds good to me![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2006, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default can-am wins

Now if we can just lure a couple of those riders over to the good guy's side!

Old 09-28-2006, 02:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default can-am wins

Originally posted by: gtdoctor
Dsnut, I understand that you're just giving V2 a little jazz because he's a Cat owner. My point was simply that it's pretty hard to single him out when you got 3 or 4 guys, in the same thread, doing exactly the same thing.
I attempted to make a similar point to Raidermike when he came to the AC side and nailed a guy for saying something stupid about Can Am, yet we had just had a thread on this site for a number of days where one or two guys were consitently bashing AC (and apparently that was ok?).

I guess I'd have to disagree with you on your statement, "talking about it on someone elses forum just means you want to cause trouble". I've posted here a half a dozen times or so, sometimes making a point about AC, but never once have I tried to cause trouble. In fact, I have been very complimentary about Can Am....
Point #1 Actually it is pretty easy to single him out because, unlike you, I have been around this forum and ATV's for some time and V2 (who I happen to respect) comes around from time to time just to rile things up here. He and i have made the rounds before and we had fun doing it. I singled him out because he is the only AC guy poking at our bikes right now on our forum. Its as simple as that.

Point #2 Who in their right mind would go over to someone else's forum and paint the picture that "My stuff is better than your stuff" and think that is not causing trouble? You disagree with my definition, then you site yourself as an example why I am off base, then you describe yourself as approaching the discussion in a totally different manner than the people I am referring to. If you don't fit the mold i am describing, then I am obviously not referring to you or anyone like you therefore you can't site youself as an example of why I am wrong.

Point #3 Re-read my post. I stated very clearly that I don't condone other guys going to the AC forum to say Can-Am is better than AC, yet you felt it necessary to make this sarcastic remark "(and apparently that was ok?)".

Everything else I agree with.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2006, 09:10 AM
Range Rover
Default can-am wins

Originally posted by: GE4x4
Originally posted by: raidermike67
Gee, amazing how posting actual FACTS put an end to this BS.

Despite only competing in 9 of 10 events on the start-up circuit, racers on stock Can-Am OutlanderTM 650 H.O. EFI 4x4 ATVs won four races – the most of any manufacturer, and 12 of 30 podium spots – twice as many as the closest competitor. Can-Am racers also won seven of eight holeshot awards for the quickest driver to the first corner.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

So whats this prove? AC has the better riders and Can Am has the better machines?
Actually the only reason AC won the championship was because they raced all 10 events. The first even was only like 6-7 quads total. If you take the last 9 events in which all raced, AC would of been 3rd and not 1st and BRP would of been 1st. But that is how it goes. If you want to be champ, you need to be at all the races.

AC won the championship. Enuf said. I watched the show and the guys announcing the show stated AC won the championship. Read the real facts.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default can-am wins

Originally posted by: smoothguy
Originally posted by: GE4x4
Originally posted by: raidermike67
Gee, amazing how posting actual FACTS put an end to this BS.

Despite only competing in 9 of 10 events on the start-up circuit, racers on stock Can-Am OutlanderTM 650 H.O. EFI 4x4 ATVs won four races – the most of any manufacturer, and 12 of 30 podium spots – twice as many as the closest competitor. Can-Am racers also won seven of eight holeshot awards for the quickest driver to the first corner.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

So whats this prove? AC has the better riders and Can Am has the better machines?
Actually the only reason AC won the championship was because they raced all 10 events. The first even was only like 6-7 quads total. If you take the last 9 events in which all raced, AC would of been 3rd and not 1st and BRP would of been 1st. But that is how it goes. If you want to be champ, you need to be at all the races.

AC won the championship. Enuf said. I watched the show and the guys announcing the show stated AC won the championship. Read the real facts.
So get on your lil Artic Kitty and ride away. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: can-am wins