CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What Products work for your DS!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Products work for your DS!!

I know I get several pm's from new guys looking to here my opionion on what works for me. The problem when we answer these questions, is that everyone starts to say it didnt work for me. Its an open forum. Lets see if we can help out some of the new guys by giving personal opionions on what worked for you and your DS.

Lets see if we can keep this positive.

ONLY POST ITEMS THAT WORK WELL FOR YOU!! NO NEGATIVES!! No second opionions on, what someone else post!!

I'll start!!
-----------------------------------------

HPR 46 Lectron and ported intake. Very good carb, helped me gain couple bike lengths in the drags.

Ct Racing exhaust. nice exhaust, the coating on the pipe stood up well for 2 1/2 years. Changed to HPR drag pipe.

HPR Drag Pipe. Very nice add on, useable power all over.

Ron Woods 60% springs. Made a world of difference over the stockers.

Ace Fabrication +6 swing arm. With the bolt ons above a swing arm was needed. ITs held up very
well since I bought it over a year ago.(THANKS Choose)

Skat trak 22x11x10 10 paddle extremes. It was a night and day difference in straight line drags in adding these.

Engine Ice. Fan doesnt turn on near as much with this as coolant to me.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats right Mike. We dont need any bashing going on in this thread. There has been way too much drama as of late.

I personally think my stock piston and cams done me a very good job for the whole 2.5 yrs that I roasted them in well over 500 passes of hard core drag racing. Not counting the countless passes on nitrous oxide. Im proud to say STOCK RULES, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2006, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

The dual FBG carbs on both my bikes woke them up big time. A close second is the MSD mc-3 ignition for the nitrous management.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

Hmf slip-on (cheap exhuast) good qualitie.A different sprocket dependin what you ride.I have a 14 tooth on right now.The sand stars that someone else already said.Im pretty stock but those mods have done a world of difference for me.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Great topic and here is what has worked for me.46 HV Lectron,great carb that is a good match for a stock bore build.ODP disced end cap,very good performance for not a lot of $$$.If you are serious about drag racing the 22-11-8 triple buffed haulers(10 paddle) are worth about two quad lengths.I have not tried any cams other than the HPR HR3 but the HR3 is very good from top to bottom and has plenty of top end for all but the most serious drag applications IMO.There are many things that can help you go faster but one that is often overlooked is using the proper fuel octane for your motor and i have found this to be a very big factor in overall performance.Also the 520 chain conversion and appropriate sprockets provide a noticeable gain.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hpr's lightweight chain was another I forgot to add.

Thanks for keeping this on topic. Everyone should add atleast one post to this talking about the mods, whether it be performance or bling-bling.

Just to help the new guys out alittle. We can refer them to this.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

Great thread 1Big... its been getting wierd in here for a while, and a thread like this is the cure. POSITIVE.... very nice. So here is what has worked for me.

HMF - love it
Ported intake - very nice increase
Radiator scoops - when I got mine they were only $70... I have heard they are going for almost double that now, but they would still be worth it
Engine Ice - nice with the scoops.

The scoops and the Engine Ice and the cooling system is significantly improved. Not perfect, but much better.

PWR Radiator - very nice when combined with the previous two mods. I was going to look into the high perf water pump but I was very pleased with the combo I had, plus I don't think they sell it anymore.

I'm going to also throw in a couple items less about performance and more about my comfort through a weekend....

Epic Racing +3 steering stem - anyone over 6' tall should look into this... it is definetly worth the scratch you will have to fork over. So much more comfortable than stock and even better than the riser that I had before it. It reduces the fatigue on my back from not having to hunch over and makes riding while standing up on long flats very stable and comfortable.

IMS Pegs - any pegs that are as wide would be of the same value. I had the AC Pro Peg Nerfs which had a similar wide peg and it makes a world of difference. Anyone who does any desert riding or jumping should deffinetly get wider pegs. Again a lot of it for me is about the comfort of the bike on long rides, and the wider pegs make my tater diggers feel good at thbe end of the day.

Good luck to all!

Trending Topics

Old 09-26-2006, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

For those who dont have the coin for a new carb.OMRs stock carb mods work great for throttle
response.Do a search you wont miss it.
My HMF was also a good purchase.
The most expensive but well worth it was my razer 2s.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

For me...K&N open airbox with outerwears, hpr ported intake, TM45, Ron Wood Exhust, HPR3"s, Vortex CDI, 11.5-1 lightweight race piston, 9 disk Barnett with woods 60% springs. For looks trail tec bars and IMS pegs custom billet grab bar...yeah I love this maachine.......a little head work after this season...and I am thinking about the funny juice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I like the stock bore I would like to get as much out of it as I can...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I need to lighten the chain and change to sprockets! COOL THREAD

Old 09-26-2006, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

ODP disc'd end cap, spark arrested, nice gains and quieter than most slip-ons.

IMS pegs and heel guards, great feel and safety.

When I bought my used 2000 DS, it had original Kenda Dominators, went to the newer style Ohtsu's, and they hook up WAY better..so far, no durability problems!

40% clutch springs, helped, but now running a Barnet 9 with 60%'s..0 hours..I'll let you know!

Quick Reply: What Products work for your DS!!