CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron Gurus needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron Gurus needed

Just put on a hv48 dual pj setup for alky. runs awesome in first and second once it hits third it falls flat on its face, fells like a 4500rpm rev limit. I'm assuming its starved for fuel. has this happened to anyone lse and if so how did you compensate. Also where is the idle adjustment? Thanks.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Im no guru but what adjustments were made on the power jets ???? the upper end is what there for the mains normaly can't supply all the motor can burn up top.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider

Ended up at 3 turns out, Maybe too much?

Old 04-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

Is this 3 turns out on both jets?

Old 04-16-2007, 10:48 AM
amd
Pro Rider

Idle screw depends on where you got the carb? Should be on the right side of the carb, The horizontal screw. If one power jet is the thumb screw and the other is a actual jet. Turn the adustable thumb screw one out as far as you can and turn in from there. Also what size power jet are you running on the jet? I take it you also have the alky meetering rod and needle and seat? You are for sure running out of fuel. When I tested mine on alky I had to drill out the jet and turn the thumb screw power jet out alot. Make sure your meetering rod is set to the right height. I didn't like my lectron on alky at all.....

Old 04-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

Don't know what size the power jets are but they are both adjustable. The carb was setup for alky right from the start. I'm gonna try it on gas tonight and see what happens.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Crazy, as far as I know.... I there is probably someone out there that can counter, but the lectron on Alky was never really perfected. In fact, they we had to leave it be due to the lack of positive results. That said....
Sounds to me like you are rich when coming off of the needle.

Backing up AZ. The Lectron really has three circuits just like a normal carb. Idle, mid, high. The needle controls both the idle and the mid. Shape, length, taper etc, etc. all work in combination to establish the idle circuit. They control idle all the way up through the register and to the point at which the taper and length end (needle is almost completely out of the tube). The PJ or PJ's take over.

Now I'm probably not telling you anything that you don't already know, but that might just help someone else....

Now then, I would completely close off one of the PJ's and retest. If the same thing occurs, close off the next remaining PJ. If it still happens (falls on it's face) try leaning out the needle (turn out of the slide).

One of the three things should yield you a result. My guess is that you are too rich but that the needle will not allow you to go much leaner and still run. Back to the "lack of positive results". Good luck and let us know what happens.

Hope I didn't waste your time on the read. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

Good info BD331 I don't know much at all about lectrons. Thanks.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

Be sure the needle is set at 52mm from the bottom of the slide to the tip of the needle with a set of calipers.

Close one power jet off and see what happens.

Proceed from there.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

Put a gas needle in closed the pj and went ridin'. WOW!!! Pulls like a freight train. Can't get the idle quite right yet but I'm optimistic on getting it dialed in. Thanks for the help!!!!

Quick Reply: Lectron Gurus needed