CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

So heres the question!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default So heres the question!

I was wondering the same thing about PS. Anyone?

To make the viewership change, it needs to hit the more mainstream market. This dont help my drag chassis goal, but its the truth. There is plenty more quads that are stockish then drag. This leads me back to the classes.
What else can be done to make people come out and watch? I know drag racing is not a huge crowd pleaser, so maybe it needs to be matched with something else more entertaining?

Old 07-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bet Mario could hook ya up with his sh!rpa's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Just put about 7 poles lined up down the middle of the track and sell blindfolds at a profit at the gate to all the parents with kids [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

No? Fine! lol

Old 07-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

Jed,

there were approx 500 entries alone at Planetsand 07 in Gilbert, La.

there were approx 1000-1500 spectators including the pit crews during official competition on Saturday evening which is the highlight of this race.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

Hmm, thats defenitly approaching enough folks that sponsors should take notice. I wonder how many will be in Laughlin....?

Old 07-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

I anticipate 500-700 entries in Laughlin. But I could be wrong. If its any indication to last year's West Coast Shootout, it will be in the 300 range. But, they have put on a huge publicity stunt with this year's race. So, who knows? LOL!

Planetsand is more racers/pit personnel than spectators.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HeadsupRacing

Planetsand is more racers/pit personnel than spectators.</end quote></div>

Hasnt that always been the problem with all of these types of races? Just look at the last few years of Dune Fest. There are always more racers than spectators. And from a spectator perspective, its like watching paint dry. No annoucers simply make it really hard for most peeps to follow. Things could be done to improve that.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

Thats correct.

But, there is an announcer at Planetsand.

What are you suggesting?

Old 07-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Barely i hardly ever heard anything but a time here and there.But that is what i push at most tracks i run the announcer can make or break your show .Along with the pace of the runs.I see no slow down what so ever at the tracks i run and we are gaining sponsors every day.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

Just making suggestions to make the sport more appealing to the spectators. The races should be more organized so that if a program is printed (and advertisers pay) then the peeps can follow the program and KNOW when a race is going to happen. Also, announcers are awesome, they can get the crowd going into the race and know the particulars of the race, who is racing who and why and whats at stake. Organizers simply have to think customer first, and at these events they kinda fall short in that arena. But they are good if you are the racer, not so good if you are watching. Thats my perspective on those.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

Thats some interesting thoughts. The only way for a sport to grow is through spectators. So I guess it is important to keep them entertained. I had never thought of it, but most good sports have great announcers. They not only fill the gaps, they comutate whats going on for the crowd to understand and enjoy.....hmmm

So this is what we need so far: Some one that is very good at organising things. A well thought out set of rules. Classes that are broken down very well. A very good announcer. A good local for people to attend. What else?

Quick Reply: So heres the question!