CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

So heres the question!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default So heres the question!

What do you think will happen with fourstroke racing?

Will it:

A. Fall off dead.
B. Stay as it is. Have classes for size. And classes for chassis.
C. Keep the size classes, and add more chassis classes.
D. Go the way of the two strokes, and not care what chassis, just size?

Racing is what keeps this sport alive. So in my opinion, if four strokes are going to continue to be produced as the sport leaders. What is going to happen with the racing. I am sure MX will stay the same. But what about drags?

Anyone?

Old 07-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to get off point but I think people are hitting critical mass with debt load and the associated payments. The vast majority of money entering the sand drag industry comes from those of us who do something else for a living but allocate personal funds to feed our habit. When that money slows down across the board there will be lower and lower turnout to the events. I mean, why go if you couldn't afford the next round of upgrades but your pretty sure your oponent will be faster next time?

Until there is media coverage and sponsorship in the sport, the success will have a direct connection to how confident the racers are about spending their personal cash. The builder's success and their ability to fund their bikes rest on the same source of revenue.

I expect it to wax and wain with enthusiasm and consumer confidence and I don't see a more complicated class structure sticking until the sport is taken to the next level. Right now, it is as much about fun as is it about winning which seems to limit peoples tolerance for complexity. When the competition reaches the level of sponsorship, the current structure of classes will be far to vague and will have to be reformed.

Who knows when that will happen.......

My $0.02

Old 07-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Great point Ron, I think it will still be a couple years till this hits big time. Eric and I had this conversation a couple days ago. We just need to stay in the running and something good will happen. It will start in the southwest so thats why the bus will be headed south soon LOL

Old 07-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Dsnut, you have some big words in there, are you a a office man.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BioWare

Hey Dsnut, you have some big words in there, are you a a office man.</end quote></div>
LOL.................... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I think nutman has some very valid points. Let's hope the lack of money Doesn't makes this sport go into the toilet..........

Bio that's what Nut meant........... LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

Jed,

The thing is, big 4 stroke drags were really only around for 4-5 years anyways. While many of you guys truely did freak out many of the two stroke drag heads, its gonna take some truely custom 4 stroke drag quads (like most of the two stroke dragers) to keep it alive. And, lets face it, 4 stroke customs are expensive to keep building over two stroke customs. Unless of course, people start modding out 450s.....

Maybe all of you will enjoy cross country instead ... ?????

Old 07-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cross Counrty....thems fighting words!lol

Well if you look at the larger picture of drag racing. Every other major drag event usually dont follow the same path the economy does. Sure it fluctuates, but so does everything.

I am just curious if classes are going to start dropping the stock frames in favor of lighter ones. Same thing with two strokes.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Jed I dont think the chassis class will get big until more hillshooters can afford to parlay both rigid and suspended chassis, THEN they need enough free time to test new things and become faster.. I alsmost did this but I want to do whatever I can on stock chassis in 300ft. Dont get me wrong, Ive been looking at rigids but I know it will be another money pit that wouldnt be as much fun as Grudge race hillshooting. The Hillshooting sport is gonna grow alot more SOON IMO. The economy will keep some people at the same level of MPH on the hill. The people who will advance will be the ones with 3 major factors... CASH, SMARTS, RESOURCES/builder. JMO

This new series will be bigger than the last 2 events as far as people IMO. I know of alot of people who are more than happy to just spectate.

Pismo August 18th will give good insight as to where this new hill shooting association will go. I think its a mixture of the great things Kam and Brindley brought from the FSCS. Now we are all chipping in to help with the races. Thats how it needed to be so we can all run our bikes and not be overwhelmed with RACE SET UP. Youll see. It will be big. Adn always be big with me. I love it!

Old 07-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BioWare

Hey Dsnut, you have some big words in there, are you a a office man.</end quote></div>

lol [img]i/expressions/lips.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2007, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

This sport for most of us is a hobbie as a result it is driven by the economy.

Quick Reply: So heres the question!