CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Strongest extended swingarm?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strongest extended swingarm?

The ASR is a nice unit i know jeffrivercity always ran there products with no problems.You just said strong thats why you got the TBR story. A person has to be drunk and stupid to see most swing arms and tbr side by side and feel strength wise any of them have a chance.But i have run hundereds of passes besides ASRs product and have yet to see it fail.So good luck and gods speed.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

No prob man, appreciate the input. TBR aren't around anymore right? Whats different from it and the ASR if you got time.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Well most swing arms are built with cheaper off the shelf materials. TBRs was completely made of custom steel the side beams were 2.5" tall rectangular tubing gradually increassing in size to aprox 4" @ the carrier where you need the girth.very well gusseted it was not as light as most but with out a dought could take twice the beating.And your correct tbr is out of buiness it was way too time consumeing and costly to build these arms and compete on the market.but if one could find one laying around it would be a find.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2007, 12:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Jmann- They should be well built now days. I remember back in 2002 ish I broke one that was built very weak with no gussets front or back. I almost got severely injured but rode it out.

After that I think they specialized in building a strong arm. If you saw the one I had youd know what im saying. If you saw what it did to my bike youd know what im saying. Luckily parts direct being one of the best in the bussiness in CS came through and replaced the 3k in damage.

I just gave pipelayer a very re-inforced lightweight swinger.

To all of you that recomend the ace fab swinger what about the NO _GUSSETS at the carrier? And they are putting them on conversions like that? LOL

JMO but take it for what its worth. Just cause someone says they are doing fine dont mean when you come of a jump sideways that non gusseted rear and or pivit area IS subseptible.

Eyeball engineering is one of the better arms out as well.

AZ im talking about 100 ft dropp offs from a large mountain and landing hard. Not a 3 ft jump you would do after a few beers ove a kiddy snake trail. LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2007, 06:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I remember the TBR's, they were awesome, nothing else like it for sure. they even had one model for the DS that took a small dogleg angle right after the shokc mount that lowered the rear end like 3 inches without sacrificing any shock travel at all. that tapered rectangular tubing was quite inovative. pricy, but nice.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

That ASR looks EXACTLY like an Eyeball engineering one. Not sure who copied who, but my buddy ben has an Eyeball on his shee and I wouldn't be able to tell a difference. I called Eyeball to see if they would build me one and they would but at $675 w/o a carrier..YIKES!

Man this TBR sounds like the holy grail of swingarms!

Old 10-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Whats wrong with jumping the kidde hills [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] everbody has to start some where we all weren't just born nutboys some of us have to work our way to that level.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All of TBR products were the holy grail of parts. Just built great.

If you buy an Ace, you will either have to build a bolt relocater, or have the back end higher in the air. Majorecho built a nice little part that relocates the bolt to sit down at stock level. That ASR looked real good imo.

Where you been Richard?

Old 10-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

Can someone post a picture of the shock mount on the Ace? I assume the ASR doesn't have a problem with the shock mount and raising the rear of the bike? That is something I definitely don't want.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JMann2380

Can someone post a picture of the shock mount on the Ace? I assume the ASR doesn't have a problem with the shock mount and raising the rear of the bike? That is something I definitely don't want.</end quote></div>

You can kinda see it on pic #16 on our photo page. Click on it and make it bigger. We bought ours used so I don't know if anything else was done to it before we got it.

Quick Reply: Strongest extended swingarm?