CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Strongest extended swingarm?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strongest extended swingarm?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 650VIPER

All of TBR products were the holy grail of parts. Just built great.

If you buy an Ace, you will either have to build a bolt relocater, or have the back end higher in the air. Majorecho built a nice little part that relocates the bolt to sit down at stock level. That ASR looked real good imo.

Where you been Richard?</end quote></div>

I have been in a coldfusion confusion i don't know what that means but i was just starting to have fun and poof i was gone i contacted Dbeck and he told they reported it a week or 2 earlier. I had heard from quite a few people there was tad poles talking pooie but could not squish the little buggers because i was frozen and i will not do dial up......BUT I DON"T WANT TO MESS THIS THREAD I WILL GO OUT IN THE BACK YARD TO TAKE OUT THE TRASH.By the way if anyone knows anything about cookies please pm me i need to get rid of my temp internet files.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:08 PM
TPR
The Champ

You may want to try going to epicracingproducts.com. That is the company that evolved from TBR. Currently they are int the process of a re-launch and they are now the title sponsor and operator of the Epic/Can-Am X team. They may have or may know where you can still get a swingarm, don't know if they are still building them, but yes, their swingarms were a little heavier but baja tested and very durable.

AZSAND was correct, the swingarms were time consuming to make as they had several designs and without question the dog-leg swinger was the most time consuming to make but worked really well. They understood that the DS was a different animal when it came to the abuse it places on suspension parts and built accordingly.

I raced one of their DS 650's that utilized the dog-leg swinger and arms along with 25" ITP ASR's and it rode and handled like no other DS I have ridden. The bigger tires really fit the DS better for open desert racing, though tight areas benefit better from the stiffer sidewall of the 22's.

Check out their site and send them an email, put it attention to Ryan and tell them TPR referred you. They just got back from the Montreal Supercross so they should be around to offer assistance.

TPR

Old 10-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

TPR, I sent an email to Epic cuz I like the idea of supporting someone that is supporting Can-Am and got this response. Any idea who is building it now and if it is the design as the old TBR?

Joshua,

We are not building the swingarms in house any longer but do have someone building them for us. They are made out of aircraft quality 4130 chromoly. The cost is $499 + $50 if you want skid plate mounts. They have a 5 year warranty on the welds etc. build time is about 2 weeks.

Thanks Much
--
Dean Waters
dean@EpicRacingproducts.com
Epic Racing Products
http://www.EpicRacingProducts.com

Office: 877-292-8325

Old 10-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Chromoly is very susceptible to heat. It becomes brittle and begins to crystalize at just over 600 F. If a welder knows what he is doing and doesn't overheat the area surrounding the welds, the chromoly swingarms will be much stronger than factory ones......even if they are a little longer.

One thing I have learned about chromoly is don't skimp on tubing wall thickness. Going with .095 as opposed to .065 wall thickness essentially doubles the strength but only adds about a LB.

I ask for .120 wall for anything over +8. .095 for +8 and shorter.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TPR

There is 5 years of riding on mine with no cracks or stress points anywhere.

TPR

</end quote></div>

Yeah but I hear TPR only does slow rides on the beach [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

TPR, where did your reply go?

Old 10-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

I tossed the reply

Old 10-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

nevermind.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I hope this didn't have anything to do with my comment. I was just giving TPR a hard time. Certainly didn't mean anything by it....

He actually rides the crap out of his bikes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2007, 05:20 PM
TPR
The Champ

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DSNUT

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TPR

There is 5 years of riding on mine with no cracks or stress points anywhere.

TPR

</end quote></div>

Yeah but I hear TPR only does slow rides on the beach [img][/img] [img][/img]</end quote></div>

HEY!!!! It was in the moonlight and it was only one time.....OK twice....but your mother really enjoyed it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] J/K

TPR

Quick Reply: Strongest extended swingarm?