ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   CAN-AM (BRP) (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/)
-   -   Who's going? When? Camping where? How long? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/278133-whos-going-when-camping-where-how-long.html)

aceisback 11-26-2007 09:23 PM

Who's going? When? Camping where? How long?

The time for Rumble to the Summit is quickly approaching and hopefully there will be the same outstanding DS showing that we've had the past few years. KOTH and all that jazz! It's Race 1 of the 2008 season with two of them being at Dumont and two at Glamis. I plan on attending all and hopefully camping/hanging with our great crew of DS folks.
So, who all is definitely going to show, are we camping same location as last year, does anyone need accomodations vice a tent, etc. etc.???

Looking forward to seeing the old peeps and maybe meeting some new faces. Mario, Mike, Ron, Scott, Scott, & Scott, Bud, Glen, Chris, Ray, Jim, some of ya'll chime in and let's sorta coordinate this thing.

I plan on rolling in before noon on the 7th and staying till Sunday evening.

TheStir 11-26-2007 09:35 PM

Vic,
I'm still hoping to make it there Friday, leave early Sunday morning as I have to move a phone switch in our Hanford Hospital.

I really want to check out Dumont as well as the races.
Scott

cynick 11-27-2007 05:18 PM

We would love to come but between the kids and Christmas around the corner I just don't see it happening.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

DragonDJ11 11-27-2007 08:08 PM

We are a no show for this one as well..... We are hoping to make the one in feb

aceisback 12-02-2007 01:30 PM

Well alrighty then! Guess that these races have played out with everybody hopping on the conversion bandwagon and whatnot. Looks like it will be The Stir, BigRay, and myself there to cheer on ANNIHILATER. Go Mario. We did some shaking down last weekend and I think that there may be a big yellow bus entered into some competition along with the black bus. Go Turbo 800. hint hint

Anyway, it's going to be a great time as it looks like about twenty degrees warmer at night than it was for Race 1 last season.

Like that new avatar Scott. What time are you rolling in??? I'm playing it by ear right now, I'd like to get there by noon Friday and get some good rides in before the dunes get all chopped up but I'll have to take Casey out of school all day and they are already off on Monday for parent/teacher conference. Probably stay till dark on Monday if it's still rideable. Too old for all of that beating to death!
Anybody else plan on attending that was stradling the fence on going? Bud?

TheStir 12-02-2007 09:10 PM

We are still up in the air a bit, depends on work. We are hoping to hit Dumont mid day Friday, and all day Saturday. I have to be on the road by 5 or 6 pm Saturday night to get back to Hanford for work.

Where can I find you? I will probably be driving my front wheel drive car with a tiny little trailer. Is there a staging area safe for me?
Scott

ANNIHILATER 12-02-2007 10:25 PM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: aceisback

The time for Rumble to the Summit is quickly approaching and hopefully there will be the same outstanding DS showing that we've had the past few years. KOTH and all that jazz! It's Race 1 of the 2008 season with two of them being at Dumont and two at Glamis. I plan on attending all and hopefully camping/hanging with our great crew of DS folks.

So, who all is definitely going to show, are we camping same location as last year, does anyone need accomodations vice a tent, etc. etc.???

Looking forward to seeing the old peeps and maybe meeting some new faces. Mario, Mike, Ron, Scott, Scott, & Scott, Bud, Glen, Chris, Ray, Jim, some of ya'll chime in and let's sorta coordinate this thing.

I plan on rolling in before noon on the 7th and staying till Sunday evening.</end quote></div>

Vick- We look forward to seeing you there we are rolling in on Thursday EVE with Crown and the fun dial turned WAAAY up..lol. Same place as last time near sh!tter #8 right?

Find us and camp right next to us if you can Vick. Its just me and a few buddys and Jordan, And HVsandman... He looks forward to seeing you guys he told me to tell yall HI... Bigdaddy doesnt want anything to do with the hill or the race, I tried to get him to come out... So to my knoledge he wont be there and Glenn is on the fence too. So we need to get some people together. I am starting out with a 40 shot and will probly be testing a 50 shot on Friday.

We are going to build a massive fire and have some fun. We will have 2 bikes that will be racing. Check your PM Vick you should have my #s. Anyone else going out let us know. on this thread.

aceisback 12-03-2007 10:25 AM

Scott, the parking/camping/staging area is very hard packed and you will have no problems navigating. Even if you did alot of us have 4WD and would be glad to assist. Check out the map over at DDR that Pete made up. It shows all of the shidder locations and it looks like we'll be over by #8. I'll PM you some cell numbers but you'll find us there, just look for the big Earnhardt flags whipping in the wind.

Mario, Vick with a K is a last name, Vic as in short for Victor, which is what you will be come Saturday afternoon, is what I go by!!! Looking forward to hanging with Jim and the crew. I have your numbers, but post what rigs will be in camp since you'll be the first ones there so we'll know what to look for. Man, BigMike should show up for the camaraderie if nothing else. I wanted to pick his brain on a build too.

ANNIHILATER 12-03-2007 01:15 PM

Oh Sorry man I thought it was short for Vicky.... No prob....j/k

My name is spelled mariHO. And that is what you will become by Staurday.lmao!!

Look for White ford f-250 with 40 ft hauler.

Dark Green Green Expedidtion w/black rims and black flatbed trailor.

Thats what I told mike but he's too busy, kinda just had no interest since he got out of the DS world.

aceisback 12-03-2007 06:09 PM

Scott, if you're needing a dry place to sleep and a hot shower to intice you to stay til Sunday morning than we've got room. And food. And drink. And Southern Hospitality!

MariHO. Now that's funny. And accurate!