CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

added a new quad to the stable.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default added a new quad to the stable.

well i gotta tell ya guys my girl will be riding the rappy almost always when we are riding together. i took it down the road today and it was sooooooooo friggin cold i could not get moving very fast as the cold air was chilling me to the bone. i would love to give a first ride report but i covered maybe 1000 ft. and i was froze and put it away. i think i am gonna get the hmf sport series pipe and hmf efi optimizer module along with a larger diameter filter mount and uni filter. i am partial to hmf as the factory is an hour from my house and those guys are super down to earth and have taken very good care of me in the past. i am also partial to foam filters for ease of maintnace. the fabric filters i.e. K&N look filthey after a few cleanings and oilings. where the uni's look brand new after every cleaning. What kind of hp #'s can i expect after these three mods? i was also thinking of a hi-comp piston and hotcam maybe this summer. will the cam/piston effect the reliability? lastly on a side note. I must say i sat down and really examined the rappy while it was in the driveway and i know they are supposed to be a pretty good quad, but after close inspection of the frame/welds/little odds and ends I must say the old DS650 is a very well built machine as far as quality goes. i would put the DS up against the new rappy anyday as far as a torture test or Baja1000 goes stock vs stock. but anyway i am happy and i still may get a ds450 to replace the old ds if they hit the market and take off. Anyways, what about the mods i have in mind what can i expect?

Old 12-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't know about the HMF pipe on the Raptor but, the Dual Pipes are my choice(Barkers or Monster's are my Favs.) The dual pipes really perform well on the Raptor.
I would absolutely recommend the Dynojet PCIII. Everyone else has this unit and there are a ton of maps out there. You'll be able to get maps from others and easily set up the tuning/jetting.
I'm not a big Trinity guy but, the Trinity Adapter / filter combo is maybe a little larger. Otherwise, the GYTR is good as well.

With the 3-mods and similar weight riders. . . the Raptor and the DS modified like yours are a good race. I wouldn't mess with the Piston right now. You probably won't need anymore power. Especially if your daughter is riding it!

Old 12-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

my girlfriend will be riding it, not my daughter. no kids yet. gotta get hitched first but that is in the near future....... been together over 5 years! guess its getting about time to **** or get off the pot..... besides she has half her crap at my house now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but really i love going riding with her and whats best is she was just as excited about the new quad as me. not many woman take the interest she does in the sport.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider

Jason consider that a blessing. I have a new significant other I'm trying to pull into my life.... I expect to bring her with us out to the dunes next year. Funny thing is.. my 9 year old daughter rides the mini atv better than she does and she has had no real seat time on it. When it gets a tad warmer out give us a ride report. You may find yourself hogging the Raptor and let her ride the DS. A new ride is always refreshing and gives new life into the sport. Debating on getting a 450 now or just the new Rappy 700... those high strung 450s are fast but can wear you down.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

good to hear things are going ok for ya entomber. I am as excited as can be to go to silver lake again this year. i think we will go at least once a year for as long as we can. its really agood time up there. i was already looking for aftermarket parts for the raptor and the possibilities are endless. its so much fun to have choices unlike the ds. oh well i still love that quad

Old 12-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome deal, wish I could find one that price.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe I'll bring the 660 and we can Race again this time on Yammies and see who the victor is heheheh. I'll be with a badder build of my DS hopefully next years time. I will start booking in January after I return from Hong Kong. Looking forward to seeing your new ride. Ohh Jason btw... shoot me an e-mail or PM I have a pic of you and your significant other I kept forgetting to send your way.