CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

added a new quad to the stable.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default added a new quad to the stable.

well, i am picking up a raptor 700 tomorrow. I have been in the market for a new quad for my girl to ride. her polaris trailbosss is just not getting it done for her anymore. i was going to buy a brand new 08 but i drove an hour to a dealership ( the last one i was gonna go to) and i see right inside the door two 700s with big orange signs that say $4700.00 !!!!! turns out that they are lefto ver 06's that are brand new. seeing as how the only reason i wanted the 08 is because they upgraded the front shocks to yfz piggyback syle shocks i could not pass it up. i can buy yfz takeoffs on e-bay that are practically new for hardly anything. now i gotta uppgrade it too though ya know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] pipe, filter, ecu.........what do you guys think? di i get a good deal?

Old 12-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Good deal congrats.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sounds like an incredible deal to me... aren't they about 7000 or so MSRP?

I'm anxious to see how the new Honda 700XX does.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

That's great man, congrats!!
When you take it out west with us next spring you won't even have to rejet! The 700's are extremely popular out there for this reason.

KGB, who always hooks up wth us every year, has a shop in Salt Lake, he has done mega work on the 700's and knows exactly what to put on them for the best and cheapest bolt on HP including mapping, you can go by his place on the way out and he can hook you up, dyno and all, if you wanna.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Very good deal. Congrats. I found two leftover 07 DSX's at Chaparral for $4199 but couldn't convince the wife that I NEEDED them! Should've gotten one anyway and asked for forgiveness later...

Old 12-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

its always easier to get forgiveness than permission!

Old 12-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ace - was it really $4199 ? Thats a smoken price. Might have to make a drive down and pick one up, them do a transplant of my 730 into the new chassis.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

Jason congrats on the purchase. Maybe next year I can ask ya for a spin on it as I have yet to ride a Raptor 700. Man the price is a steal. I'm in the market for a 3rd quad but I've always been a fan of big bores. Congrats.. see ya at Silver Lake next year.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think the 700's are GREAT quads man. I've ridden one in the dunes, and climbed sand mt. on it, and pretty much everything about it is great. Its plenty roomy for many bigger guys too, granted not quite big enough for my tall frame but I'm the extreme case. for 99% of riders its size and ergos are just right I think.
Makes plenty of power at a low rpm, plenty of torque to be had below 7K with no need to rev out.
Almost all of my buddies in Utah are on them now, they went from Banshee DS YFZ KFX and Z to the 700 rappy, and they all love it. Especially when they go from 4K elevation to 10K and back again all in a day's ride and running perfect tuning every step of the way thanks to efi.
I don't know how involved going into the motor ends up being for them to be turned into a drag monster, but just piping and igntion and remapping them makes them plenty for any duner's needs, as well as trail riding.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The 3-mod is an amazing gain! I can honestly about 1/2 hill a bud that has a stock 700 with my 3-mod.

Congrats on the deal! You will like the new ride.

Like others have said, you can go anywhere! We ride at about 4,500' ASL and on very dry sand on steep dunes sometimes. It goes right up!

I never liked the old 660 Raptor (mostly the carbs). This is a whole new bike.

As for aftermarket. . . just last week not one but, TWO aftermarket cylinder's were released! It is crazy! There is so much buzz on the aftermarket for this bike the options are insane. I would expect an aftermarket Billet high-flow head to be out in the future as well. Honestly though. . . you won't need any of that unless you want to race. Oh, stroker cranks are a plenty as well. Depending on what you get you may not need to even give them your core.

I just put on some HID's (Lights) using the stock light housing. The bulbs are replaced and an external ballast is added. Looks sweet! Light is crisp - Glacial Blue. Can't wait to get out to the hill and blind a few people at the top! (I hope they put out as much light as they say they will). Lights were only about $80 so, that made it an easy decision.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: added a new quad to the stable.