CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron 46HV Power Jet suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 08:05 AM
OMR
Pro Rider
Is Oldmanracing! Also the inventor on the DS650 carb Mod!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron 46HV Power Jet suggestions

Yes, you take this measurement with the float bowl off the carb.

The DS is a 2 spark plug motor and can take alot of fuel from bottom to upper mid. So if it runs down to 12, but is back to 13 by 5000 is OK.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:32 AM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lectron 46HV Power Jet suggestions

Update Update Update

Well guys I finally got it right. After talking to everybody I decided to pull the head and have a look inside, think I may have bent some valves when i broke the timing chain last year. I removed the head the valves looked ok. I did find that i had set the timing wrong when i replaced the chain - probably most of my problems. I sent the head to Eric to have him recheck everything. The valve lash was out and he reset/reshimed it.

Put is back together and double and triple checked the timing. It ran great when I was in St. A's last week. Hit the dyno to confirm the numbers and make sure I was jetted right on.

Did the Dyno pulls at Hansen Performance - Great Guy and knows his stuff as well. We kept going really rich at higher RPM. I proned Eric and he Spoke to Bridley at Hansen Performance and they came up with a solution together. I ended up blocking off the power jet (unhooking the hose and capping the port) and riched the slide by a turn and a half to come up with the best results.

I ended up pulling 56 horse at 7000RPm and 52 pounds of torque. This is at 5000 feet of attitude.

I will post the dyno results as soon as I can.

Thanks to everybody who helped me out on this one.

Special thanks to Eric for putting up with all my questions and Brindley at Hansen Performance for spending some much time (25 + Runs) to make sure we had all the power that was there.