CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Why do ds650's have no resale

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do ds650's have no resale

Just payed $5100 for a 2007 Can Am DS 650X leftover today. In 2004 my friend payed $5000 for a leftove 2003 DS650. You guys think I payed a fair price?

Old 09-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

You did just fine you will enjoy your bomber.........[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

I'd say it depends on where you are and how much you wanted it. The largest volume dealer in the U.S. had two 07 leftovers a few months back for $4199 each. You paid right around dealer cost and that doesn't happen every day. Just depends on if you're comfortable with the deal or not. If I didn't mind buying used because these are the most durable and dependable ATV's manufactured then I would sleep well at night having paid $5100.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

Given the current condition of the DS 650 market, whoever you bought your new bike from should have actually PAID YOU to take it off their hands. Just kidding.

For comparison, I bought my 03 Viper Red brand new in 12/03 for $5,400 OTD. Cooked the motor after the fan came loose and put holes in the radiator. In 4/08, I bought an entire used replacement motor and radiator for $900 plus the gas to go pick them up.

In 01/08, I bought a used 04 Baja X for $3,500 not including the sales tax I had to pay. Might have got it for a little less, but that might have meant missing one of my two annual trips to Glamis.

Before I bought the 04, I made an offer on a brand new 07 that had been sitting in the showroom for a year. Offered them $4,500 cash, and they more or less laughed at me.

Don't know what any of this means, but it should give you some basis for comparison.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bambam730

Just payed $5100 for a 2007 Can Am DS 650X leftover today. In 2004 my friend payed $5000 for a leftove 2003 DS650. You guys think I payed a fair price?</end quote></div>

Old 09-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you guys. I feel good about paying $5100 for it. I needed a bigger atv. I looked at a 700 raptor but it wasnt much bigger than my 400ex in size. I rode my friends ds650 and loved the power and ergonomics. He has owned his 4 years with not one complaint and he rides his hard. Very Happy.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

Vic, no worries. I have no doubt that you are a great guy, and that I just mistook your posts. The way that a couple guys that you have helped out vouched for you makes this obvious.

Its just that your take on the DS 650 market was a bit demoralizing, considering what I have invested in my two. I am glad I really like mine, and am not selling anytime soon. There is nothing else out there that I would be interested in riding anyway.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: aceisback

Jurslax, please accept my apologies if you are offended in any way. Anyone else that may be offended for that matter. I, as well as anyone, know that sometimes personalities don't come across well over a computer screen, whether or not smileys and all such items are used. If you've followed any of my input in the many post that I've taken part in you surely know that I am light hearted, and jovial 99.9% of the time. I don't take life too seriously as I've almost lost mine in the not so distant past. I try and enjoy life to the fullest and smile at every opportunity and make others laugh along the way. Life is way too short to be pissed off or to have folks be pissed off at you. That's the way I take in every day, knowing that I have alot less days left upon the earth than the ones I've already spent.

Those on the Connection that really KNOW me can tell you that since I've joined I have had two periods of unemployment, one of six months and one of eight months, and had to give away two of my DS's during those periods. I didn't do it to buy food, clothing, shelter, or necessities, I did it to prepare for the future. Contracts pay well but they don't last forever. Some of them end overnight with no warning! I would not wish that on anyone. Losing a DS is hard to swallow. I said most of what you took issue with tongue in cheek.

I take pleasure in no ones misfortune and I am not insulated from the current down turn in the economy. I drive a diesel! And I feel the impact at the grocery store, pharmacy, home improvement center, mall, etc. just like everyone else. Hopefully we all have a better understanding of Ace now. Yes, I am always looking for the killer deal on a DS, but no, it is not at the misfortune of those suffering from this nations current situation.

This was going to be a PM, but if one person reads me wrong then others may also. I'm not a cold hearted *** waiting for the next average Joe to be foreclosed upon. I'm just ordinary average Vic waiting for the right deal at the right time.

Please forgive.</end quote></div>

Old 09-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

Dang Vic I didnt realize you were so long winded
Thanks again for the spagetti noodles!

Old 09-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Only long winded when it comes to defending reputation Nate. First impressions and reputations last forever, in today's world nobody needs enemies. Just wanted to let a DS brother know that I meant no harm.

You're welcome for the noodles, but where is my dutch oven spaghetti??? You guys whip up some good stuff in that thing. I'll get a rain check when you roll in to Dumont. You folks rolled out from Idaho awful early. I strolled down to take a shower and the RV spot was empty. See ya at The D.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I will also vouch for Vic. He is one of the best nicest guys you will ever meet. He would give you the shirt off his back even if it was the last clean one he had.

Great guy. But like anyone if you can get a good deal mind as well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hey Nate I didn't get the dutch oven cake either. HMMM Whats up with that? lol

Old 09-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

Yes we did roll out early, felt bad, would have liked to make the rounds...but good byes can be so heartbreaking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I will make a commitment to fire up the Dutch Oven next time!

Quick Reply: Why do ds650's have no resale