CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bombardier IDIOTS at Indy trade show!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2001, 03:22 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want to let everyone know that the so called "reps" at the Indy show aren't the least bit concerned about what their customers want. When I asked them in a very friendly, non threatening way about the rumors of a mid size sport quad,they immediately launch into a series of jokes about the "new 850 quad" or the "1200 quad" One even compared my astounding belief in a new four wheeler to a **** site that says they have Brittany Spears naked! He said you just cant believe what you hear or read! What a moron! I left their booth sorry that I had found it! This was by far the biggest bunch of unprofessionals I encountered at the entire show! Guys who had a booth the size of a closet had more professionalism in their little finger than these guys had in their whole body.. It soured my friends and me on the whole Bombardier experience and I intend to let some of the higher ups hear about this.

Old 02-18-2001, 10:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Call the custmer service line and let them know about it. I have also heard the rumor about a 380cc twin two stroke sport quad. Would be interesting.....

Old 02-18-2001, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

Newzboy, may I suggest a little empathy for the Bombardier "IDIOTS?"

Trade shows target dealers, not retail customers. Trade show people are typically told, "Sell what's in the catalog," meaning items in stock, in production, or planned for production.

A trade show, calculated to move existing inventory, might not be the best time and place to ask about conjectured, unannounced products.

The Bombardier people may not be "IDIOTS" just because they did not confirm rumors of the quad of your dreams.

Diogenes

Old 02-18-2001, 04:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

They are idiots, Diogenes, because they treated a person with good intentions like a piece of dirt. It does not matter that they are supposed to "sell whats in the catalog", they still acted like jerks. There's just no need for that, PERIOD. Also, I think Bombardier brass would appreciate knowing that their trade reps are out making the company look bad by having paternalistic attitudes towards potential customers.

SM

Old 02-18-2001, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

Nice Post murphnlooch! I'm with ya 110%! Treat people the way you want to be treated! Don't burn your bridges! Can't think of any more!

Old 02-19-2001, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

im sure thoes reps know about the new sport quad from bombaidier. im sure they were under orders to change the subject or play dumb when the subject comes up.

later
jon

Old 02-19-2001, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

Don't be too dismayed, sometimes the sales reps are the last ones to know.

Sometimes they just don't want to be there. Sometimes they work show after show without a break and get burned out and suffer from road fatigue.

I know some motorcyle reps, and they burn out rather quickly in places like Daytona, Sturgis, Laughlin, etc. They are besieged with questions that the average shmo would know if they read a magazine once in awhile. Half the time they are a local salesman from your least favorite dealership working there for little or nothing.

If they are from Honda, chances are that one or two people are from the factory and the others are local sales people.

Yamaha does a nice job with their machines at major events.

Harley Davidson is excellent

Victory Motorcycle Factory Reps need to go to charm school.

Dealing with the public is difficult for these people even the professional people that do it for a living. Everybody wants to be "special" and treated with "enthusiasm" Even Bubba Gump and his cousins Daryl, and Gomer.

But... half the time they do not know the answer to your question about future models, and they need to sell from the present inventory.

Test their credibility, start out by asking them a question that you know the answer to. If they start to B.S. you walk away; you are not dealing with a credible source.

Trending Topics

Old 02-19-2001, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

If not idiots then exetremly unprofessional-Just like da' french.

Old 02-20-2001, 12:12 AM
Trailblazer

I can tell you from personal experience that Manufacturers do read the larger postings such as this one. I was contacted for a statement I made when DS's first came out regarding the wording I used in my statement. I am a dealer and they didn't like the way my statement came across even though they were mostly complementary.

Old 02-20-2001, 02:11 PM
Range Rover

It was just so ironic All my friends wanted to see or talk about was RAPTOR RAPTOR RAPTOR! I said hey look theres a DS 650! They reluctantly walked over with me out of curiousity, but once they got the idea that the reps were treating me like a Trekkie at a star trek conventionn, they said "see those guys are flakes and their bike is a piece" Boy did I feel stupid! Thanks BomBardier! And by the way Diogenes, I didnt say they were idiots because they didnt confirm my rumors of the quad of my dreams (BTW...your condescending tone tells me a lot about you)...I said they were idiots because they talked DOWN to me in a demeaning manor instead of appreciating the interest in a company who has been in this market less than 30 months!

Quick Reply: Bombardier IDIOTS at Indy trade show!