CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS 650 Exhaust Advice needed.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 02:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS 650 Exhaust Advice needed.

Hello,

Just bought an 07" DS 650 and after My first ride in the Dunes, I wanna get an exhaust.

Whats worked for you guys?

I have been eye balling a CT racing exhaust with a Jet kit. Just wanna see what you guys think before i spend 5 bills for it.

Thanks
Darren.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:02 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

The Big Gun race series complete system is a very good choice. Ron Wood Racing is the standard. If you're looking for a slip on the Yoshimura is probably the best there is for the DS. Alot of others do the job well but for mild to moderate mods the Yoshi does the trick. From the OMR stock carb mods to a HPR 730 with EFI the Yoshi has performed with the best results.
HPR also has an open end cap that saved all of us DS owners a bunch of money back in the day. The stock DS exhaust from the headers on back work very well once you get the stock end cap off of there. The cap has been dyno tested and gains you around 4hp.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks man,

If the headers back is already a nice setup, should I save my money and get a slip on? will a complete exhaust system pull more than 4hp on a dyno?

I dont plan on going much further than pipe, CDI K&N, re jetting, sprocket and depending how difficult that OMR carb mod is.

the dyno on the CT racing kit is pretty impressive, I just dont know if its BS or not
Can-Am Bombardier DS650 CT Racing Exhaust Full System / M3Q DS650 POWER - Mods3.com

thanks again for your help.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

The curve they show is less than 3hp, as far as their claim that this is the best pipe for the DS, well that's the BS part. There are much better exhaust on the market for far less money.
Lots of slip on's work well with the DS, very few manufacturers make a complete system because the stock is pretty good in it's own right. Just have to open the end for better flow.

The OMR mods are very easy and for the cost, FREE!, you can't beat them. Many folks have tried them and I haven't heard of anyone who wasn't pleased with the outcome.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have owned the RWR, White Bros., Yoshi, and HMF for my DS through the course of 10 years - the RWR is ceramic coated steel like many are and not a good choice for a trail bike like I ride that sees mud and snow because it rusted eventually and when bottoming suspension on bigger dune jumps the bottom of the megaphone dented on the swingarm - the white bros was not durable and wittled its rivits away on me - the yoshi I had was great but liked filling the sparky screen with packing fiber (sparky required in alot of my ride areas I frequent) - but the HMF well so far after about 4 years its still like new and makes great power, two thumbs up for HMF here.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Military Rider

I know this isn't the garage thread but since everyone is throwing props to the HMF I know where there is a brushed aluminum one that is in the way! Just sayin'...

Good shape and a good price too.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

I ide only Glamis Dunes.

I had the open end cap (Good), The Big Gun EVO (Better), and run the Ron Woods now (Best).
Like to try the RWR drag Pipe next

Old 12-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've ran the following at one time or another

End Cap - Good power, cheap, but loud ~105dB when tested by a ranger.

HMF slip-on - Similar power to end cap but lighter weight and ability to decrease sound with optional quiet core.

CT Full Exhaust - Good mid/top end pipe but will kill some low end. Pipe is better suited for a 730+ big bore in my opinion and only worked OK on my stock bore with piston/cams/porting. Good build quality and liked the ability to tune/adjust sound levels with the Supertrap style disc end cap.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Im glad I asked before I ran out and bought the CT Racing Exhaust. doesn't seem to be the best bang for the buck.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Trailblazer

Are Pro circuit pipes any good for the Ds??

Quick Reply: DS 650 Exhaust Advice needed.