CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What happened to DS650.org?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened to DS650.org?

Haven't been able to log on for several days now. I sure hope Scott didn't let the domain expire, lots of good friends and good info over there.
We lost NoMercyRacing a few years ago and I had to see the DS brotherhood just vanish in to thin air.

Guess I'll be checking back in here a lot more often.

For those that don't know I suffered some pretty serious health issues two years ago and long story short lost use of my right arm. I still have five DS's and a garage full of parts. Will be unloading some of it as I can get to it but don't expect it to be quick. I have PM'd some out of the garage thread.

Ride safe gentlemen.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Smile Old Farts still around

vic.glad to here you are recovering,not so much hear!

Old 06-06-2016, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Vic, I'm so sorry to hear about your health run. Glad you are still here with us. I had a bad health run myself, but not like that. I haven't been riding for a few years and hoping to be back in the game.
Glad to see you still out there helping others.

Old 08-16-2018, 03:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

We'll see if anyone from DS650.org will see this, but it looks like the domain is expired right now again, 8/16/18. It was working yesterday, posted on it even. Now, it brings up a GoDaddy page for hostings. Hopefully it gets back up and running soon. So much information to go to waste on the site. Does he have anyone in mind to manage it after he gives up on it?

Old 08-21-2018, 11:01 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Scott was an awesome dude and did us all right for a long time. I don't know if it can be revived as it was, with all info saved but I wish somebody computer savvy would stand it back up.
I nominate OMR, if he has the time, because he had such a wide range of knowledge relating to these Sand Pigs. I have no idea about the cost of maintaining the site but maybe we could all pitch in a little
Anybody with time and know how that can run the board???

Old 08-21-2018, 11:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well, it isn't bringing the godaddy hosting up anymore. But nonetheless, the website is cached somewhere on a server. All the information is still out there, it just needs activated (someone to pay to keep the lights on). I've rebuilt some top ends and replaced shift forks, stripped down to the frame, done a few carbs, and I know the differences between the years. I'm usually checking the forum at least 2-3 times a week. I guess you would consider me computer savvy too, I used to repair apple laptops back in high school, I'm 22 and a mechanical engineer to boot, haven't done much programming or coding though.
I know I'm not the best candidate out there, and OMR has so much more knowledge than I think anyone else does when it comes to the DS, as far as what I've seen anyways, my vote would be him. But I could be a good last resort option if need be I suppose.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Noticed this couple days ago as well. Bummer. Came over from ds650.org cause I saw this post. (Stvo over there, just posted a ds450 a-arm conversion on there month or 2 ago) Like it used to say on the site, was to be the final resting place for “all things ds650”. Or at least what was left over and saved from the sites that went extinct. I wish I had saved more info for future reference...

Ive only had mine couple years, 2014 I think. When I bought it and started web surfing, I was amazed as to what little web info exists on this quad. Don’t get me wrong, ds650org has great stuff, but I keep reading old posts here and there mentioning the nomercy site was where the endless informational archives existed for this quad. Damn I’d love to read those archives. Such a great quad.

Not for nothing but I wonder how much it would cost to get it resurrected? I know the site didn’t have much activity, but I’d certainly contribute just to keep the info out there, make occasional visits and posts etc.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

That was a good conversion you had and a good write up with a lot of information that is in some server right now just sitting there. Yours and a LOT of other good info is no longer available, which is a bummer. The site was to be a "permanent home for all things DS", I guess that ain't the case no more. Can someone find out some more info on the site and how to get it back? Some people are wiling to contribute.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ha - Yea I don’t want to write that all over again.

Among other things. I scored a brand new set of yellow front fenders on eBay the other day. 130 shipped. I have been hunting eBay weekly since I got my ds for a new yellow fenders. 4 years later and I think I might have scored the last new yellow set on the planet. They will remain in the package and I will keep trashing my old ones.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi guys,
I was a new member on the DS650 website (from Germany). I was hoping the site would be back up by now.
If anyone could get in touch with the owner I would be able to host and maintain the website.
It would be very sad to just let the DS scene die.

Can anybody get in touch with "Scott"??

Quick Reply: What happened to DS650.org?