ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   CAN-AM (BRP) (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/)
-   -   Narrowed it down to Outlander 450 DPS or Polaris Sportsman 450 EPS (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/374944-narrowed-down-outlander-450-dps-polaris-sportsman-450-eps.html)

Molson82 02-17-2018 12:27 AM

Narrowed it down to Outlander 450 DPS or Polaris Sportsman 450 EPS

I'm heading out to purchase an ATV this weekend and have narrowed it down to an Outlander 450 DPS, Polaris Sportsman 450 EPS, and wait for it... a CFMOTO CFORCE 500s EPS.

I'm considering the CFMOTO simply because it's only $5,400 OTD it looks great and comes with more than the others including IRS, locking Diff & a winch. And, the reviews seem to be positive for a Chinese machine. There are well established in Canada & Europe,

First let me say I know VERY little about ATVs (obviously) other than online research and asking questions of friends that have them. Primary uses will be to drag a horse arena, pull a 650 lb 52" brush-cut mower, and ride local trails, nothing too dramatic and/or challenging, My wife will likely use it about 50% of the time as well. All three of these seem to be capable units with enough power & towing capacity to do everything we'll ask of it, and then some.

I'd appreciate any real-life feedback you can provide on any or all of these, or, if my choices are all bad, please bash away.

Jim

MooseHenden 02-17-2018 12:49 PM

I don't have any experience with the CFMoto. The Polaris and Can-Am's are both single cylinder machines that have good low end torque. I'd give the nod to Polaris here. But, that's comparing a Can-Am 500 twin cylinder to a Polaris that had the 500 single cylinder used in the "450". Polaris is a more comfortable ride than any of them. Can-Am is sportier in general. Polaris has more on-board storage options than Can-Am, and Can-Am is pretty good too. Both Polaris and Can-Am have proven CVT belt driven transmissions. I prefer the engagement of the Can-Am. It's lower in the RPM's than the Polaris machines I've been on recently. The Can-Am is noisier. It has a high pitched whine to it, especially at higher RPMs. Hope this helps.

greg74 02-17-2018 02:29 PM

The Can-Am has the most power and as Moose said, is the "sportiest" of the bunch. Its the one I would pick. We have a dealer nearby that sells all 3 so if I could actually ride all 3 back to back to back and then pick a winner. The CF Moto's price looks nice, I've seen the 500 eps model for $4999+taxes and fees there. I think sometimes they even throw in a free warranty, that might tip the scales in the CF Moto's favor. But what I've seen and read are that they simply aren't as reliable as a Can-Am or Polaris. Even with a warranty, its frustrating to have to your atv at the dealer getting fixed instead of having it available to use. Especially pulling such a relatively heavy load as the mower you're going to use it for, I can imagine that strain would definitely show the weak links of the machine.

Molson82 02-17-2018 11:14 PM

Thanks for the feedback!

Bought a 2018 Outlander 450 DPS today. Dealer gave me a 'buy it right now' price we just couldn't pass up.

HawkeyeRider 02-18-2018 07:17 AM

Congratulations on your new ride!!

hydrex 02-18-2018 08:00 AM

You made the right choice! Congrats!

greg74 02-18-2018 11:09 AM

Congrats, I think that was the best choice as well.

MooseHenden 02-18-2018 02:10 PM

Congratulations.