CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

How can I lower my ds650 for cheap.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I lower my ds650 for cheap.

I tried adjusting the preload all the way up on the shock. This lowered it very nicely and I was very pleased. But now when I lift the quad off the ground the springs no longer touch the adjuster nut/ring. Their is about a 2 inch gap. So now I can't hit jumps without this problem. Any suggestions??

This is the rear when i lift the quad off the ground.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure there’s a cheap solution for this. Only thing I can see doing here is to look for a shorter shock that is rebuildable and have a good shock builder revalve it to work well with the rider/quad weight. Figure out at the length you want and find something with similar/workable connections. Then contact a shock builder to see if they can valve it correctly. Ean at monster performance is a wizard at custom valving and could probably steer you in a good direction.

Ive been wanting to lower the rear of mine as well because I swapped to ds450 shocks up front. Bit lower. I also have dual rate spring setup for the 450fronts that slams the front right down, looks sick, but need to figure out the rear before I go that low in the front. Right now I’m just running the stock 450 springs to keep even height between the front and rear. Rear preload backed off to lower it to match the slightly lower front. I’ve been looking at using a good rebuildable sled shock for the rear, but got side tracked with other crap this summer. One thing I will say is the ds450 fronts are an enormous improvement over the stockers.. and they can be found at very reasonable price.