CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

03 DS650 Bombardier

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 DS650 Bombardier

Last week we bought an 03 ds650 and after riding it a couple days and my husband cleaned it really good, it started leaking oil. My husband noticed that the oil filter cover cracked, so we replaced it last night and this morning started it up and hit the gas a little and with out even riding it the cover cracked and busted again, is this a known problem, or does anyone know what can be causing this?

Old 04-17-2019, 11:30 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Have owned nine of them and never had that happen. Never even heard of it. No pump, it's just kind of slinging oil going on in there so there shouldn't be any pressure build up. Look at the sticky threads and see which years had the different size oil filter covers. I think you're using the short cover with the long filter but it still wouldn't seem to me that you could even get that bolted down (haven't tried!) in order for it to break the cover. Good luck anyway, these are awesome rides so hopefully you get it sorted out.

Old 04-18-2019, 10:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by aceisback
Have owned nine of them and never had that happen. Never even heard of it. No pump, it's just kind of slinging oil going on in there so there shouldn't be any pressure build up. Look at the sticky threads and see which years had the different size oil filter covers. I think you're using the short cover with the long filter but it still wouldn't seem to me that you could even get that bolted down (haven't tried!) in order for it to break the cover. Good luck anyway, these are awesome rides so hopefully you get it sorted out.

brotha I wish I got it figured out my wife posted it but it broke outta no where and continues to break after warming up I’ve been in contact with two reps and they are clueless too. And it sucks cause honestly it’s an awesome bike. I’ve had many and bought this outta the reviews and good word but man if I’m not ready to just give it away. 3 filter covers later properly tourqed to 8lbs as per brp but it’s the same thing over and over it’s the pure definition of insanity haha but I’ve done enough research to know too get the right covers and in all reality and this is a serious question I can’t wrap my head around is why break in the first place. And trust me I brapped her but not too hard it’s got me puzzled that’s forsure