CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I Hurt bombardier yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 04:07 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wheelies are not smart. I was riding a wheelie and it came back and just barily touched the grab bar on the ground right as i am reaching to hit the back brakes to bring it down. Well as soon as the grab bar hits the fourwheeler turns side ways and Im on my *** and Bombardier is tumbling down the field.My steering shaft is now bent back to the gas tank and I was wondering if I could bend it back myself or should I have it straightend at shop. The alingment doesnt seem to be off and nethier of my wheels are bent. The handle bars are a little tweeked but nothing bad and I cracked my front plastic a little. Everything else can be bent back into shape. Never again shall i try to be wheelie king.

Old 12-14-2001, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

thats bad new BadBombardier650.. that bars save my a&* a few time but i never fliped it like that .. my buddy F%$# up his raptor that way in the street he hit the back bar in sec gear and the bike kick sidways and rolled a few times .. he also bent his stearing stem and he bent the left uper and lower arms bad .. bent the stock grab bar all the way up and a few cracks in the fenders .. but ill still wheelie every where i go .. its a must.... good luck bending every thing back .. but i would say bye a new stearing stem ....just my .02

Old 12-14-2001, 05:08 PM
Range Rover

That's a bummer there man. I'm a wheelie freak and I can't count the number of time I've stood my DS on it's *** and never experienced anything like that. The grab bar is still as good as new baring a few paint chips. As for the steering shaft bending, that seems really odd. I've taken a dump doing about sixty mph and the bike flipped about three times and the only thing I had to do was push the bars back into position. That's was after I got hobbled back to the bike with a torn hip flexor. Good luck there friend.

Old 12-14-2001, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

Diamond G Timmy Boy Timmy Boy is notoriusly slow

Old 12-15-2001, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

DO NOT BEND IT BACK AND RIDE WITH IT!!!

Once it has been bent like that, the integrity of the metal has been compromised. It may hold for a while, and then snap when you need to pull back on the bars to bring the front end up. Imagine that when your doing 50MPH and need to clear the rock or log that popped up in front of you. Save yourself from possible future injuries and get a new stem now.

Old 12-17-2001, 12:43 PM
Range Rover

How much would I expect to pay for a diamond-g or timmy boy steering shaft? And how much is a stock replacement

Old 12-19-2001, 03:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you ever HAVE to replace anything, it's you best excuse/time to get something aftermarket. Often, the aftermarket part will be the same or cheaper than the factory unit anyhow. Everyone in here knows how much fun it is to get someing 'new and exciting' installed.

Old 12-20-2001, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

BadBombDS650, I feel your pain man. I wheelied my Shee over, and it turned like that. The only thing it did was break my upper right A-Arm. I went ahead and bought a set of Lonestars. I recommend you buying an aftermarket. They're stronger, and alot of the times, cheaper.